GDT: UFC 275: Teixeira vs. Prochazka

member 51464

What a classic battle. Both guys having a chance to shine at their strengths and show they could hold their own in the other guy's realm. Loved this one.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
That may have been the most exciting fight I've ever seen

It was just nonstop back and forth action, on the feet, on the ground, with multiple near finishes

Last edited:

member 51464

For being a striker, Jiri certainly seems like a dude who is going to get his head knocked off his shoulders if he doesn't improve his striking defense a bit. Maybe against someone who isn't quite so grappling heavy, he keeps his hands up at least.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Great fight. Glover had it in the bag but the wildman pulled it off. I thought Jiri would put him away early, but that was an inspirational performance from Teixeira.

Jiri has the X factor, no doubt about it. I will tune in whenever this man fights.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great main event and that Weili KO was great.

Will catch up on on the rest in the morning, sounds like I missed quite the card.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Wow Clemens Werner scored the 4th round 10-8 for Jiri

Going into the 5th it was 39-37 38-37 38-38 with Glover winning leading the two cards.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
For being a striker, Jiri certainly seems like a dude who is going to get his head knocked off his shoulders if he doesn't improve his striking defense a bit. Maybe against someone who isn't quite so grappling heavy, he keeps his hands up at least.

He relies on his chin for sure. That can’t happen forever but for now it allows him to hit unusual counters because he’ll eat it and then trade

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'd bet everything I have that Jiri vs Glover wins Fight Of The Year

The question is do they book an immediate rematch?

At Glover's age, the respect he's earned for his career, and the performance he just put on, I think an immediate rematch is the thing to do - especially without a clear cut #1 contender waiting in the wings

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad