GDT: UFC 275: Teixeira vs. Prochazka

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t think people understand the scoring criteria if they think this is a robbery. I could see 48-47 Santos, 48-47 Valentina, and a loose argument for 49-46 Valentina and none of those would be “robberies”

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I don’t think people understand the scoring criteria if they think this is a robbery
I know that their are different ways of judging fights.

i like Valentina .. saw here a 3-2 santos.

i guess the first is the question ?
do you agree with 48-47 fav Valentina ? or more ?

can you explain ? honestly ... i am not irronical at all.
tks mate

bov

Nov 13, 2010
The better fighter won. Sure, you can nitpick and find a way to justify Santos winning. But outside of a couple takedowns and gaining top position, she did absolutely nothing. Couldn't mount any offense or threaten a submission outside of a brief moment where she had the back, but even then, nothing was close.

I know people hate the saying but it's true...to be the champ, you gotta beat the champ.

Reactions: The Devil In I

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Santos shoulda did something when she had control on top.

She ate all the damage
She are a couple of headbutts, that she did. I would even say that those headbutts were intentional. But whatever, it not the first time and the last time we will see someone losing despite winning a fight.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I know that their are different ways of judging fights.

i like Valentina .. saw here a 3-2 santos.

i guess the first is the question ?
do you agree with 48-47 fav Valentina ? or more ?

can you explain ? honestly ... i am not irronical at all.
tks mate
The modern rules for scoring prioritize effective striking, effective grappling (looking for subs), and damage over control time and octagon control. Santos had a lot of control time and did go for subs here and there and that’s why she won a couple of rounds imo but Shevchenko clearly had superior striking in rounds where Santos had control time but didn’t really present much of a sub threat, and thus I personally have it 48-47 Valentina and would sort of understand 49-46. It’s certainly not a robbery

I don’t know how you can say either of those headbutts were intentional lol
I mean you see his username right? ;)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wouldn’t have hated 48-47 for either fighter. The decision is fine.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I think it was the 2nd round, maybe 3rd, where Santos was on top but Shevchenko threatened with a gogoplata and a few strikes when she was able. I respect the value of the takedown and top control, but if you don't do anything with it, it doesn't mean much. The standup game was clearly in favor of the champ, so I don't see how this decsion is somehow a problem.

49-46 seemed extreme but I'll have to watch again. Regardless, the right person is wearing the belt imo.

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think it was the 2nd round, maybe 3rd, where Santos was on top but Shevchenko threatened with a gogoplata and a few strikes when she was able. I respect the value of the takedown and top control, but if you don't do anything with it, it doesn't mean much. The standup game was clearly in favor of the champ, so I don't see how this decsion is somehow a problem.

49-46 seemed extreme but I'll have to watch again. Regardless, the right person is wearing the belt imo.
R2 was Valentina's sub attempt. She also landed more shots despite being on her back for most of the round. That's why I'd give it to her.

The sub attempts in R1 and R3 are what gave those rounds to Santos IMO.

R4 and especially R5 were Valentina's IMO.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
She are a couple of headbutts, that she did. I would even say that those headbutts were intentional. But whatever, it not the first time and the last time we will see someone losing despite winning a fight.
Name checks out if you think they were intentional.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
1 judge had it like me. 2, 4, 5 for Valentina.

1 judge had it 1, 2, 3 for Santos.

1 judge had 1, 2, 4, 5 or Valentina.

I don't really see R1 for Valentina, but hey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad