GDT: UFC 274: Oliveira vs Gaethje/PFL 3/Bellator 280: Bader vs Kongo 2

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I still can't believe Rose's corner let her dance around for 5 rounds and lose the title. Somebody should be fired. There is losing your title and whatever the hell that was. After round 2 somebody has to say we have no idea how these rounds are being scored, you need to make sure you at least outpoint her the next 3.

Chandler has been a great addition to the UFC with every fight being good. I know he's calling out Conor for the payday but maybe they give him another shot at the title. Gaethje just getting too excited again swinging for the fences, if I recall he even fell down once from over swinging. He did a great job making Charles get back up

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Well UFC said if Charles won he becomes number one contender and gets next title shot. It really comes down to Dariush's injury. After Islam (or Ali) open his mouth like a fool and said he would take the RDA fight and save the fight night but then backed out, Dana said he would need to fight Dairush to lock up a title shot:

Butttttt Dariush is injured which is why their original fight got canceled so who knows when that will happen.
Dana said in the presser that their plan was to do Islam-Dariush, but Rogan stopped him in the hallway and said to do Oliveira-Islam. You have to take everything Dana says with a grain of salt, but he seemed opened to it. They've got to give somebody to Oliveira and Islam is the obvious choice IMO.

I still can't believe Rose's corner let her dance around for 5 rounds and lose the title. Somebody should be fired. There is losing your title and whatever the hell that was. After round 2 somebody has to say we have no idea how these rounds are being scored, you need to make sure you at least outpoint her the next 3.

Chandler has been a great addition to the UFC with every fight being good. I know he's calling out Conor for the payday but maybe they give him another shot at the title. Gaethje just getting too excited again swinging for the fences, if I recall he even fell down once from over swinging. He did a great job making Charles get back up
He doesn't get another shot yet. He had his chance and got knocked out. Also obviously lost to Gaethje since then as well. It was an incredible knock out, but it doesn't get him a title shot against a guy that already finished him.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Think you gotta do Oliveira vs Islam for the vacant title now and then Chandler and Beneil

That’s some pretty good match making right there. I think there’s a possibility we all see Poirier vs Gaethje again.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Chandler vs Poirier depending on Beneil’s return. Chandler didn’t take a ton of damage last night and Poirier needs a fight..

Rose sounded delusional in the post fight. She thought she was up 4 rounds heading into the 5th yet neither fighter did anything.
Her corner failed her big time in that fight, but as a fighter I don’t even know how you can feel you did enough to justify a win in an fight like that.

Rose deserved to lose the title with that performance.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Reflecting on this run for Charles….it’s honestly one of the more impressive runs in the sports history

Clay Guida- guillotine
Christos Giagos- RNC
Jim Miller- RNC
David Teymur- Anaconda
Nik Lentz- KO
Jared Gordon- KO
Kevin Lee- Guillotine
Tony Ferguson- skunked him on a decision
Michael Chandler- KO
Dustin Poirier- RNC
Justin Gaethje- RNC

11 wins, 10 finishes + a dominant decision.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
FFB2E714-0EB2-40F5-BB12-06F8AAA494AF.jpeg

Chucky Olives after he gets dropped and cut

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
It seemed not too long ago Whittman was looking like a goat coach now not so much after a rough night for his fighters.

To be fair Whittman was asking for more action in the later rounds. It was her creepy groomer/husband who was saying that boos are good. Like I get that strategy early on, but by the last few it was clear she needed to do more. Or do anything lol

Reactions: Taytro

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It seemed not too long ago Whittman was looking like a goat coach now not so much after a rough night for his fighters.

People throw that word around way too much.
It was a tough night for his fighters, but I mean...he's up there. He has 3 fighters. One of them is the #1 P4P fighter in the world, one is the best SW in UFC history, and the other one is a former interim champ. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Reactions: CDJ and m9

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Olivier is just too good and exciting, I don't want to wait for a title eliminator. I want him back in there with which ever one of Dariush/Islam is ready first.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Another great performance by Oliveira after getting dropped yet again. Every opponent does it (before tapping out) but you can't question him and call him a quitter at this point.

LW is one of those divisions where you can't go wrong with the future matchups. Well, unless you give Conor a title shot next.

Reactions: I am not exposed

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver

According to big John Arizona didn’t follow there own regulation rules by giving Charles enough time to cut the remaining weight. (53:35)

Last edited:

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
This is an awful take... Wittman is still a great coach, you can't blame him for 2 fighters not following his instructions. He had 2 champions and 1 title challenger going into yesterday and it didn't work out so now he has 1 champion and some high ranked contenders. He's still up there and always will be.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

That’s exactly what it is

I'd advise him to not rely on that so much :laugh:

Smart move, though. Especially with Gaethje.

Felder didn't give a shit, though. Went right into his guard and beat the living shit out of him. I think Chandler went into his guard, too? Maybe it was closer to the end of the round so he wasn't as worried about getting submitted.

Reactions: Taytro and CDJ

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Dana saying "Joe Rogan told me not to make that fight" seems like a done deal for me. I expect them to announce Oliveira vs Makhachev sometime this year, and quite possibly for UFC 281 in Abu Dhabi. This of course sucks big time for Dariush but with Chandler having a good performance and Beneil likely being ready around the same time they're making the Oliveira/Islam fight. They could make Dariush vs Chandler around the same time for the next contender. Also by then I expect some of the new breed like Tsarukyan, Fiziev, Gamrot or Gillespie (Needs to hurry given his age) to enter the title picture given the current rankings.

Reactions: crazychimp

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Dana saying "Joe Rogan told me not to make that fight" seems like a done deal for me. I expect them to announce Oliveira vs Makhachev sometime this year, and quite possibly for UFC 281 in Abu Dhabi. This of course sucks big time for Dariush but with Chandler having a good performance and Beneil likely being ready around the same time they're making the Oliveira/Islam fight. They could make Dariush vs Chandler around the same time for the next contender. Also by then I expect some of the new breed like Tsarukyan, Fiziev, Gamrot or Gillespie (Needs to hurry given his age) to enter the title picture given the current rankings.
I don't think it changes much for Dariush. It would just change who he fights in the #1 contender fight. As it was before, he would have fought Islam. If Islam gets a title shot, then he fights Chandler, Poirier, etc. instead. Either way, he's a fight away from a title shot.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I'd advise him to not rely on that so much :laugh:

Smart move, though. Especially with Gaethje.

Felder didn't give a shit, though. Went right into his guard and beat the living shit out of him. I think Chandler went into his guard, too? Maybe it was closer to the end of the round so he wasn't as worried about getting submitted.

Chandler pretty much gassed himself out trying to get to Charles on the ground. Gaethje had the right idea but started swinging for the fences when he got up.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Chandler pretty much gassed himself out trying to get to Charles on the ground. Gaethje had the right idea but started swinging for the fences when he got up.

Charles gets hurt, other guy gets excited and throws gameplan out the window. Charles gets the finish vs an undisciplined opponent. Rinse, repeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad