GDT: UFC 271: Adesanya vs. Whittaker II

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I’ve certainly been wrong plenty before but I think Izzy’s style is a nightmare for somebody like Strickland, I don’t see that fight going well for Sean

I think it was pistolpete11 who mentioned it earlier, but Strickland is a bit like Vettroi who is good all-round, but not exceptional at anything. I can't see Strickland causing Izzy any problem either.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Romero & Whittaker were both somewhat close to beating Adesanya. It wouldn't shock me if Strickland was able to win a close decision with his style though I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

I think it's a bit under the radar that Adesanya just hasn't really done much in many of his recent fights.

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Romero & Whittaker were both somewhat close to beating Adesanya. It wouldn't shock me if Strickland was able to win a close decision with his style though I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

I think it's a bit under the radar that Adesanya just hasn't really done much in many of his recent fights.
I think you're right that the more he plays this game of going to a decision with razor close rounds, eventually a couple of the judges are going to see it for the other guy. I just don't think Strickland is the guy to do it. Frankly, I just don't think he's explosive enough to be able to land on Izzy. I think Izzy would see his shots coming from a mile away and light him on fire.

Whittaker is still probably the best equipped to beat him, but the next guy in the division on that list might be Till. He obviously doesn't deserve a title shot without picking up a few wins first, but Izzy wants to fight to him, so he might get there quicker than he should. I'd still pick Izzy and I think it would be a boring fight, but Till's capable of playing that chess match.

Reactions: m9

darko

Feb 16, 2009
And yet, despite all those words you just typed, I still think it would be an interesting fight... and would pick Rockhold to win

How weird is that?

Rockhold would get destroyed by Izzy. The guy was KOd by strikers who are nowhere near Izzy's level of striking.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think cannonier has a chance if he can muscle him to the ground. Much easier said than done though, and it has to be done in space and not against the cage or Izzy will get right back up

Reactions: 16Skippy and m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad