Middleweight bout: Jared Cannonier vs. Derek Brunson
Bantamweight bout: Kyler Phillips vs. Marcelo Rojo
Lightweight bout: Bobby Green vs. Nasrat Haqparast

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, TSN 5)

Heavyweight bout: Andrei Arlovski vs. Jared Vanderaa
Women's Flyweight bout: Roxanne Modafferi vs. Casey O'Neill
Flyweight bout: Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell
Light Heavyweight bout: William Knight vs. Maxim Grishin

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Bantamweight bout: Leomana Martinez vs. Ronnie Lawrence
Lightweight bout: Alexander Hernandez vs. Renato Moicano
Light Heavyweight bout: Carlos Ulberg vs. Fabio Cherant
Middleweight bout: A.J. Dobson vs. Jacob Malkoun
Bantamweight bout: Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Sergey Morozov
Welterweight bout: Jeremiah Wells vs. Mike Mathetha​

Reactions: pistolpete11

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Pretty much the definition of an average PPV to me. Solid main event and two pretty good fights in Lewis/Tuivasa and Cannonirer/Brunson. Really interested in how Kyler Phillips looks and Casey O'Neill will be challenging for a title by 2023 and I expect her to retire Modafferi fairly easily in this one.

I'm very interested how Whittaker looks in this one and if we get a better version of him than we got last time. I suspect we do, though I'm still not sure he beats Adesanya. I really like Derrick Lewis to beat Tuivasa. No good read on Cannonier v Brunson.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
It's kind of crazy that Whittaker is a couple of years younger than Israel . I hope Whittaker wins because I can't stand Israel and really like Whittaker, but I think Israel wins quite comfortably.

And fair play for Whittaker for winning a few fights to get the title shot again. Bugs me sometimes when a title shot rematch happens straight away.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Rewatching the first fight just now, it was closer than I remembered, but still reinforced the fact that Whittaker has got to mix it up in order to win. He's not going to beat Izzy in a straight kickboxing match, so he's going to need to use his wrestling, clinching, etc. He may not take him down and hold him down or submit him or anything, but at least the threat of the takedown has got to be there. I think he's going to be more reserved and not blitz as much allowing Izzy to counter, too. We know Izzy's willing to be patient, so I think this fight will go longer and may be a little boring, at least at first. I don't dislike Izzy, but Whittaker's the man, so I'll be rooting for him. I think Izzy takes it by decision, though.

I got Lewis. This is what Lewis does. He feasts on everybody that's not championship level. Tuivasa has gotten better, but he's still a brawler and Lewis ain't a guy you want to brawl with. I'd be pretty surprised if Lewis doesn't win and I'm surprised he's only around a -180 favorite.

I have no idea on Cannonier-Brunson either. Cannonier doesn't have the best TDD (62%), but Brunson doesn't have the best chin (5 (T)KO losses). I think it's going to be who can dictate where the fight takes place will win. I'm kind of torn on who I want to win. Cannonier would be a fresh matchup if Izzy wins, but I think Brunson is the tougher stylistic matchup for him. If Whittaker wins, I imagine they do a trilogy and the winner of Brunson-Cannonier vs. Strickland.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Watch Roxxy end O’Neill’s rising star like she did Barber’s

a little parting gift after years of so many pee breaks

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Watch Roxxy end O’Neill’s rising star like she did Barber’s

a little parting gift after years of so many pee breaks
Did you notice them call Roxy a pioneer in this past weekend's broadcast? :laugh:

Let the counter begin.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Schnell vs Perez is off for the 4th time. Perez missed weight.

Knight missed by 12 lbs and is forfeiting 40% of his purse to Grishin

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hernandez going to get that ESPN bump he was looking for

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Schnell vs Perez is off for the 4th time. Perez missed weight.

Knight missed by 12 lbs and is forfeiting 40% of his purse to Grishin
Wow. 40%. What's that? like a couple hundred bucks?

In all seriousness, good for Grishin. 12lbs is pretty ridiculous, so he should be compensated for keeping the fight.

Reactions: CDJ

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Tuning into the early prelims just to see how Bruce Buffer handles Blood Diamond. Does he say his real name with Blood Diamond in between or just straight up call him Blood Diamond?

member 51464

Tuning into the early prelims just to see how Bruce Buffer handles Blood Diamond. Does he say his real name with Blood Diamond in between or just straight up call him Blood Diamond?
I missed it, what was the answer?

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I missed it, what was the answer?

He announced him just as Blood Diamond lol.

Very weird and unsatisfying fight.

Wells started the fight sprinting around the octagon, crashed into the cage and almost fell causing Blood Diamond to clinch him up (stupid) just to get choked out after a few minutes of grappling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad