Jun 28, 2007
UFC_215_Johnson_vs._Borg_Poster.jpg

Date: September 9, 2017
Venue: Rogers Place
City: Edmonton, Alberta
Time: 10pm ET/7pm PT
Viewing: PPV

MAIN CARD (PPV)

Women's Bantamweight Championship bout: Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Valentina Shevchenko
Welterweight bout: Neil Magny vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Flyweight bout: Henry Cejudo vs. Wilson Reis
Light Heavyweight bout: Ilir Latifi vs. Tyson Pedro
Featherweight bout: Jeremy Stephens vs. Gilbert Melendez

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, TSN 2)

Women's Bantamweight bout: Sara McMann vs. Ketlen Vieira
Women's Bantamweight bout: Sarah Moras vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith
Featherweight bout: Gavin Tucker vs. Rick Glenn
Lightweight bout: Mitch Clarke vs. Alex White

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Heavyweight bout: Luis Henrique vs. Arjan Bhullar
Lightweight bout: Kajan Johnson vs. Adriano Martins​

Last edited:

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
It's a very good card overall, with little name view though.

All this Dillashaw nonsense has kinda overshadowed the fact that Ray Borg is a pretty ****ing good and highly talented fighter.

Now that Jon Jones popped for Roids, our mythical LHW god/champion Latifi is the one true LHW champion

Not sure how Kajan Johnson is facing Adriano Martins. Seems to me like a complete mismatch in the favor of Martins.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
It's a very good card overall, with little name view though.

All this Dillashaw nonsense has kinda overshadowed the fact that Ray Borg is a pretty ****ing good and highly talented fighter.

Now that Jon Jones popped for Roids, our mythical LHW god/champion Latifi is the one true LHW champion

Not sure how Kajan Johnson is facing Adriano Martins. Seems to me like a complete mismatch in the favor of Martins.

I don't buy Ray Borg as better than Joseph Benavidez, Henry Cejudo, Kyoji Horiguchi, John Dodson, etc.

He doesn't stand out in any area. He's missed weight in 2 of his last 4 fights with a loss to Justin Scoggins along the way. Scoggins was finished in his next 2 fights.

Should be an absolute ****ing slaughtering.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I don't buy Ray Borg as better than Joseph Benavidez, Henry Cejudo, Kyoji Horiguchi, John Dodson, etc.

He doesn't stand out in any area. He's missed weight in 2 of his last 4 fights with a loss to Justin Scoggins along the way. Scoggins was finished in his next 2 fights.

Should be an absolute ****ing slaughtering.

He's pretty close to Cejudo IMO. His BJJ game is absolutely Top 3 in the division (along with DJ & Formiga), has good wrestling, does a fairly good job planting his feet to throw power shots (something not a lot of flyweights do), very good athlete.

Last edited:

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
He's pretty close to Cejudo IMO. His BJJ game is absolutely Top 3 in the division (along with DJ & Formiga), has good wrestling, does a fairly good job planting his feet to throw power shots (something not a lot of flyweights do), very good athlete.

Henry Cejudo has lost to elite talent. Elite talent only. Ray Borg has lost to average talent. Recently too.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
O/U Borg with 3 takedowns??

He's not getting slaughtered, if he can close the distance quickly and often it may even be somewhat competitive . I think it's gonna go the distance or DJ gets a late round TKO.

Nunes should be the main event, but they're punishing her for her 'sinus infection' withdrawal (and I have no problem with that).

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
O/U Borg with 3 takedowns??

He's not getting slaughtered, if he can close the distance quickly and often it may even be somewhat competitive . I think it's gonna go the distance or DJ gets a late round TKO.

Nunes should be the main event, but they're punishing her for her 'sinus infection' withdrawal (and I have no problem with that).

DJ has slaughtered every single fighter but Elliott, Dodson and Benavidez. This should be a slaughtering. Nothing Borg has shown makes me think otherwise.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't know why, but I don't find this card interesting at all. Looking forward to seeing a couple of high-end prospects in Tyson Pedro and Gavin Tucker. It's about as weak of a card as you can have for a double title-fight.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Magny is a pretty mediocre range striker. Totally expect RDA to lit Magny up with his constant pressure.

What exactly has RDA done since USADA? Pulled out of a fight with an injury, beat Cerrone in a non competitive fight, got KO'd by Eddie Alvarez, lost to Ferguson, missed weight, moved up a division, and beat a guy who had one win in his last 4 going in. I think Magny is going to surprise a lot of people.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Brutal.

It's a good thing we decided we'd try to get tickets from scalpers instead of buying ahead of time. My friends actually talked me out of getting them right when they went on sale.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
First JDS and now the main event. Brutal first card to have for Edmonton MMA fans.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So Borg out sick, likely from weight cut I assume.

Funny after DJ's whining about not wanting to fight Dillashaw because he didn't think he'd make weight that day they'd give him a guy with a history of this kind of stuff.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The more I think about it, it's a pretty garbage move by the UFC to not at least have DJ fight Cejudo or Reis for the belt. I know both guys have already lost to him, but when you've already lost one of the other top fights on the card and didn't replace it you need to do more to keep that 2nd title fight.

They should have been able to find a HW punching bag to get there for Ngannou in the last month, too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The more I think about it, it's a pretty garbage move by the UFC to not at least have DJ fight Cejudo or Reis for the belt. I know both guys have already lost to him, but when you've already lost one of the other top fights on the card and didn't replace it you need to do more to keep that 2nd title fight.

They should have been able to find a HW punching bag to get there for Ngannou in the last month, too.

I agree about Ngannou but I highly doubt DJ would take a replacement fight on two days notice. I think him and his coaches would say no even if this happened two weeks ago.

As for Borg, they said something about a virus but it sounds like more weight cutting issues to me. They should try to have someone on call for when they rebook this fight because I don't know how you can trust Borg to make it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I agree about Ngannou but I highly doubt DJ would take a replacement fight on two days notice. I think him and his coaches would say no even if this happened two weeks ago.

As for Borg, they said something about a virus but it sounds like more weight cutting issues to me. They should try to have someone on call for when they rebook this fight because I don't know how you can trust Borg to make it.

I don't even know why they are giving Borg another shot right now. He barely even deserved the shot to begin with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad