Light Heavyweight bout: Tyson Pedro vs. Paul Craig

Last edited:

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Bektic with a huge test ahead of him. Elkins is always a tough fight for anyone

David Teymur is pretty much a trap fight for Vannata. Teymur has no name and is a really good kickboxer. It's gonna be a close fight

I honestly like Ferguson in this fight. For me, I've yet to see Khabib how performs against someone who's long, has good wrestling, dangerous chokes and a really good bottom game. I feel Ferguson's counter-grappling game could be layered enough that Khabib might struggle imposing his pressure wrestling game.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Khabib is a beast but I've got Ferguson winning. Ferguson is a straight up killer.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Holy ****, putting this up early killed me. So excited for this card. The co is ****ing insane. Prelims suck.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A lot to like on the main card. The top two fights are almost as good as it gets on paper with four elite level fighters with very interesting stylistic matchups. You just know one of Overeem/Hunt is getting KO'd so that should be good too and Vannata is very fun to watch.

It'd be an upset based on the odds but I'm leaning towards Ferguson right now in the co-main.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Love that main card. FS1 card is lacking, but Pedro v Craig is interesting on Fight Pass.

Hoping for a Thompson win. I've never been so tired of a champion so quickly as I am Woodley.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Looking forward to this and will be watching. Here comes another bar tab that's going to cost me more than ordering the PPV, and buying a pizza and six pack. :laugh:

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Being a hipster and hating Woodley being a popular thing these days, I'm going from a long time Woodley detractor (before hating Woodley was the popular thing to do) to a new Woodley supporter.

Joking aside, rewatching that fight with Wonderboy, he did a lot of things that just impressed me, such as his defense and improved footwork to keep Wonderboy from landing dangerous blows. Because of the fear of the takedown, Wonderboy was absolutely stuck fighting at Woodley's pace until that 5th round and was forced lead with his hands. Rather interesting how Rogan would say how Woodley was fighting Wonderboy's game when it was the contrary that happened.

Wonderboy absolutely needs to get his kicks going to win this fight and im not sure Woodley doesn't just catch those like he did in the first round of the first fight.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Looking forward to this and will be watching. Here comes another bar tab that's going to cost me more than ordering the PPV, and buying a pizza and six pack. :laugh:

raw

I'll bet the farm on Khabib and Overeem.

Heart says Wonderboy, head says Woodley. If Woodley fights smart and uses his wrestling Wonderboy can't match that.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Only 2 of 12 fights have a dog over +200. That along with a stacked PPV should make for a very interesting card.

My only complaint is Hunt/Reem is the first fight instead of third so I gotta get to the bar earlier. :laugh:

Galactico

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
Bektic with a huge test ahead of him. Elkins is always a tough fight for anyone

David Teymur is pretty much a trap fight for Vannata. Teymur has no name and is a really good kickboxer. It's gonna be a close fight

I honestly like Ferguson in this fight. For me, I've yet to see Khabib how performs against someone who's long, has good wrestling, dangerous chokes and a really good bottom game. I feel Ferguson's counter-grappling game could be layered enough that Khabib might struggle imposing his pressure wrestling game.
I am a yuuuuge Khabib fan but I am also worried by Ferguson' length, I heard a 6" reach advantage. That's a lot. Still, Khabib beat Dos Anjos who is a great stricker and of course a BJJ blackbelt. Dos Anjos isn't as long as Ferguson but he has been a LW champions not long ago.

I am really exited for this card, rooting for Wonderboy in the main-event. Also, as a Bosnian, I am looking forward to see that Bektic fight as well. Hunt Vs Overeem should be good too.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Thinking of putting a parlay down on Thompson/Ferguson/Rashad/Hunt just for fun. Could see every fight going either way.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Thinking of putting a parlay down on Thompson/Ferguson/Rashad/Hunt just for fun. Could see every fight going either way.

Ballsie.

Also, where is Rashad training these days? I thought he left blackZs in January (waaaay too late), but didn't hear where he went.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Unbelievable. I was probably most looking forward to this fight. Khabib doesn't strike me as a huge LW, I wouldn't think making 155 would be a problem for him. My guess is Ferguson would still do a catchweight fight where he could win the belt and Khabib obviously couldn't, but I believe that would be contingent on Khabib showing up. :rant:

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Imagine if this was all a ruse to mess with everyone (Ferguson specifically). That's the only VERY SLIM chance this fight happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad