GDT: UFC 197: Jones vs. Saint Preux

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Another round for Barboza. I've got him 29-28, but could be 30-27. Great performance by Barboza.

Really shocked what's happened to Pettis. Never expected a run like this, though he probably beat Alvarez.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
How about Yair? So damn impressive. He'll probably get in trouble with all the risks he takes as he fights better competition but it's fun to watch right now.

I had that one 30-27 for Barboza. Great performance by him. Some nasty leg kicks.

Pettis looked off once again. Seemed a bit gun-shy at times. Getting out grappled by Alvarez is one thing but he has now lost the stand up battle in 2 of his last 3 fights as well. Big time fall for him from where he once was.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'd like to see Khabib v Chiesa next, so what to do with Barboza will be interesting.

I think Anthony Pettis vs Michael Johnson will get made too. Two top ten lightweights struggling.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
How about Yair? So damn impressive. He'll probably get in trouble with all the risks he takes as he fights better competition but it's fun to watch right now.

I had that one 30-27 for Barboza. Great performance by him. Some nasty leg kicks.

Pettis looked off once again. Seemed a bit gun-shy at times. Getting out grappled by Alvarez is one thing but he has now lost the stand up battle in 2 of his last 3 fights as well. Big time fall for him from where he once was.

Yair looked great.

I really didn't expect Pettis to lose this one, figured he would catch something. Wasn't even close.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Another dominant performance by DJ. Nothing boring about that. I said Cejudo wasn't ready and thought it would be one-sided but I'd be lying if I said I saw it going down like that. I figured it would go on much longer. Some great work in the clinch there.

None of these guys he's fighting are on his level though. Is there anyone left for him to fight in that division?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Another dominant performance by DJ. Nothing boring about that. I said Cejudo wasn't ready and thought it would be one-sided but I'd be lying if I said I saw it going down like that. I figured it would go on much longer. Some great work in the clinch there.

None of these guys he's fighting are on his level though. Is there anyone left for him to fight in that division?

Nope.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
The only two guys who are somewhat MINIMALLY competitive are pretty much Benavidez (already lost twice) and Kyoji Horiguchi (mostly because his striking is par with DJ, but his anti-wrestling game is not good enough to win). there's ultimately nothing for him that's compelling

dss97

Aug 30, 2010

Title shot at 135 seems like the obvious next step IMO.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Time for the return of the GOAT.

I don't how DC will be on commentary here because of his personal attachment to the fight but I heard him earlier on the Fight Pass prelims and thought he was really good.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I can't believe OSP is only +400. Should be double that.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
I'd love to see OSP make this competitive, but I doubt it will be.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Time for the return of the GOAT.

I don't how DC will be on commentary here because of his personal attachment to the fight but I heard him earlier on the Fight Pass prelims and thought he was really good.

Don't like DC the fighter but he's a good commentator.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Jones looks incredibly rusty, but is still up 3 rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad