Women's Strawweight bout: Carla Esparza vs. Juliana Lima
Lightweight bout: Glaico França vs. James Vick

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Heavyweight bout: Walt Harris vs. Cody East
Light Heavyweight bout: Marcos Rogério de Lima vs. Clint Hester
Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs. Kevin Lee

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Really sucks that DC is out but I'm still excited for Jones' return. It has been way too long.

I hope the co-main is competitive but I think DJ might make it look easy once again. Cejudo has looked good but I'm not sure if he's ready just yet.

Pettis/Barboza could be the best fight on the card. It's a really good match up. It might also be just what Pettis needs to get back on track.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Actually more intrigued by DJ's fight than the Jones/St Preux fight. Cejudo is a mother****er. If anyone can take DJ down and keep him down, Cejudo's the man to do it. This is a huge step up for him, but I give him a shot.

Jones is going to wreck St Preux though. I don't understand how St Preux deserves a title shot. I know he's an injury fill-in, but losing to Glover and Bader, decisioning Cavalcante, beating up the corpse of Shogun, clipping Cummins ... that's not that impressive. Jones by stoppage. Before the end of the second round.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not a card to really get excited about, but the top three fights will be interesting. Jones should run over OSP, but it's still good to see him back. I don't see Cejudo having anything for DJ, but I'll hope he can grab ahold of him and do some work on the ground. Pettis v Barboza will be great.

As for the rest of the card,, lots of guys I'm kind of interested in but nothing really jumping out. It's one of those cards that's one or two fight short on the main card.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Goldberg doing weigh ins? I thought he was away in rehab...
And hearing Rogan was removed for a tweet? Anyone have details? I just have gossip

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Pulling for Jones, MM & Barboza.

But I think all the underdogs have a solid chance to change the scene. I hope bones doesn't try to do too much and get caught doing something stupid.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Jones is going to wreck St Preux though. I don't understand how St Preux deserves a title shot. I know he's an injury fill-in, but losing to Glover and Bader, decisioning Cavalcante, beating up the corpse of Shogun, clipping Cummins ... that's not that impressive. Jones by stoppage. Before the end of the second round.

OSP is basically Jon Jones-lite, I don't see anyway he can beat Bones. But he was basically the best option available for the UFC on short notice.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Refs need to do a better job dealing with these ****ing eye pokes. It completely changed the momentum of this fight and it was as blatant as hell.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yair Rodriguez is another guy I'm interested in watching on this card. He's an exciting young prospect. I watched his fight with Rosa again the other day, that was a fun one.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Between the eye poke, flying knee to the jaw, front kick, and 100 some-odd strikes to the head, I'd have to say Franca is one tough SOB :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
These prelims have been really bad.

Roberts/Steele wasn't too bad. The others were though.

I can't see Rodriguez/Fili disappointing. This should be a really fun fight.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
I love watching Whitaker fight. Guy has serious speed and power.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Extremely close 2nd round. I'll give it to Pettis but could go either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad