GDT: UFC 197: Jones vs. Saint Preux

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Jones would take Rumble down and sub or TKO him. I love Rumble but he isn't going to beat Jones.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Jones v DC at @200, do it up. Others may want to see an Irish guy, but I want to see the best fighter ever get his belt back.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Pettis may be done. He also ruined my four-way parlay. SOB.

Doubt we see Jones vs. Cormier at 200 though. Less than 3 months for DC to recover from surgery and hit a training camp. Even if he was capable, he'd come in at less than 100% - which means the UFC would have to cut him a mighty big cheque in his locker room money.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Pettis is essentially a kill-or-lose fighter, whose game is to look for the perfect shot to win a fight. He just doesn't have a consistent process-driven game to score rounds. Against Barboza who's a phenomenal range striker, Pettis just couldn't find the night ending kick and so looked really terrible against the more consistent outfighter.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think Pettis is done but things definitely haven't been going too well for him recently. It's tough competition in a deep division but three straight losses isn't good no matter what. It might be time for him to fight someone outside the top 10 to try and get back on track.

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
Ovince is one of the most awkward fighters I've ever seen

According to Dana White he broke his arm during round 3, so that might explain why he didn't go for the KO at the end.

I almost hope DC is still injured for his rematch with Jones so we can finally see Rumble vs Jones, I've been waiting for that one for so long.

Performances of the night: Mighty Mouse (perfect as usual) and Yair (dat flying head kick)

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Pettis may be done. He also ruined my four-way parlay. SOB.

Doubt we see Jones vs. Cormier at 200 though. Less than 3 months for DC to recover from surgery and hit a training camp. Even if he was capable, he'd come in at less than 100% - which means the UFC would have to cut him a mighty big cheque in his locker room money.

Cormier never had surgery. He'll be back full training as soon as Monday.

Man, gotta suck for Cormier to watch that, that rusty version of Jones is very beatable.

How the mighty have fallen, just over a year ago Pettis was champ, being paraded as a top p4p guy now lost 3 in a row. I thought this was a fight given to damn near cater to him, he's supposed to kill guys in stand up fights, but Barboza came to fight and Pettis had no answer.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Cormier never had surgery. He'll be back full training as soon as Monday.

Man, gotta suck for Cormier to watch that, that rusty version of Jones is very beatable.

How the mighty have fallen, just over a year ago Pettis was champ, being paraded as a top p4p guy now lost 3 in a row. I thought this was a fight given to damn near cater to him, he's supposed to kill guys in stand up fights, but Barboza came to fight and Pettis had no answer.

Really? I thought Cormier had surgery and that's why he couldn't be at the event last weekend?

Cormier would have taken him last night, I have no doubt.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Really? I thought Cormier had surgery and that's why he couldn't be at the event last weekend?

Cormier would have taken him last night, I have no doubt.

Nope, Rogan said Cormier wanted to fight, but it was Dana who told him if he's even a little hurt, to pull out, not fair to himself, his team and the fans. It was a smart choice though, considering DC said he's would've only been able to box, no wrestling or cardio for the past 3 weeks. Would've been something though to see a healthy DC maul Jones and set up a crazy rubber match.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Cormier wasn't medically cleared. Hence the, "if the doctor clears me on Monday..."

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Cormier wasn't medically cleared. Hence the, "if the doctor clears me on Monday..."

When Cormier and his camp contacted UFC execs Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White, to Cormier's surprise, the UFC braintrust urged him to sit out and let his injury heal.

"Something very surprising happened," Cormier said. "Jon and I will make a lot of money together, we make a lot of money for the UFC too. But when I told them I was going to see it through the weekend, those guys were, ‘Daniel you're hurt. Looking at your MRI, you need 5-6 weeks, so even if sat on your ass, for the next three weeks before they fight, you'd still need at least two weeks to start feeling better, and they're like, you know DC, you worked very hard to get to where you are today. You're the champion, you don't have to fight hurt. We can't put you in situation you're not healthy, we don't want you to fight in those circumstance. They made decision for me. I begged them, I was like give me until Monday, please."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/4...-injury-which-forced-him-out-of-ufc-197-fight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad