UFA's Leafs might want?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Depending on what happens to Reimer/Bernier, Hiller/Ramo/Ward may be of interest.

WillNytheSwedishGuy

Sep 17, 2015
Combing the list of UFAs, I think Sam Gagner is probably a candidate for a 1 year deal or PTO. A player who has put together some decent seasons in the past, fallen apart lately, and has connections to Hunter.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
definitely believe they will acquire a top 4 Dmen over the summer via trade/UFA there not going to go into next year with only Gardiner/Rielly as top 4 Dmen with a bunch of maybe's after.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Vesey is one that it looks like we have a good shot at, he would be a nice addition. I agree that Boedker would be a huge add as well.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Wonder if there is a RFA to be had. Like a Hamilton deal... We would lose some prospects, but for the right guy....... :dunno:

Most of the UFA's, I only like for short term deals. Much like this year.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
If anyone gets bought out, they're probably worth giving a shot to.

Bickle at 4M is terrible. Bickle at 1.1M is worth taking a chance on.

Anyone else expected to be bought out?

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Think the Leafs have to give Sparks or Bibeau a shot at the NHL next year. We should move on from Reimer and have just one more year of Bernier.

Leafs need veteran help on RW and D. Short term...trade Parenteau and Grabner at the deadline and then "Winnick" them...meaning resign them in the summer. Maybe Polak too in the same scenario.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
It'll really depend on who they have to lose in order to acquire a top 4 defenceman to fill the void left by Phaneuf.

Right now, they've got practical commitments to 10 forwards -- Kadri, Bozak, JvR, Komarov, Lupul, Michalek, Winnik, Nylander, Marner, and Kapanen. If you assume they're all here next year, that basically leaves 3-4 spots near the bottom of the lineup.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Wonder if there is a RFA to be had. Like a Hamilton deal... We would lose some prospects, but for the right guy....... :dunno:

Most of the UFA's, I only like for short term deals. Much like this year.

No, I agree.

We are starting to have too many prospects, some of them will get dealt, no doubt.

I mean, we have potentially 11 forwards alone right now that could be in the NHL by 2017/2018:
Nylander
Marner
Johnson
Brown
Kapanen
Leipsic
Soshnikov
Lindberg
Leivo
Timashov
Hyman

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Staal, Stamkos, Backes, Eriksson or Yandle.

Would only give term to Stamkos. Nobody else should get >4 years which means we probably won't be the ones who sign them but I'm sure Lou will inquire.

More realistic: Okposo, Demers.

Maybe an offer sheet on Monahan or Seth Jones. Both RFAs.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
It'll really depend on who they have to lose in order to acquire a top 4 defenceman to fill the void left by Phaneuf.

What they need is a top two RHD for Rielly to move Hunwick down to the middle pairing with Gardiner.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Staal, Stamkos, Backes, Eriksson or Yandle.

Would only give term to Stamkos. Nobody else should get >4 years which means we probably won't be the ones who sign them but I'm sure Lou will inquire.

More realistic: Okposo, Demers.

Maybe an offer sheet on Monahan or Seth Jones. Both RFAs.

Offer sheets seem far fetched, we need our picks. Okposo though is an interesting idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad