Speculation: UFA Rick Nash

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I could see Boston re-signing him if he can accept that his pay scale is now that of a good defensive 2nd/3rd line forward who can chip in some goals and a good vet and not that of a first line scoring forward.

If he wants big money or long term he will go somewhere else in my opinion. If he wants to have a shot at a championship in the next couple of years then Boston is a very good choice.

I think Boston will put forth a decent offer but one that will easily be beat so it just depends on what Nash wants and whether or not any other contender will give him a better offer and be able to match the Bruins situation.

In other words I have no idea what is going to happen:laugh:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'm going to take a guess here and say Carolina. I know Carolina is looking for some offense up front and I am guessing they rather sign a guy like Nash then trade one of their defensemen

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah with Bjork, Donato, JFK and Frederic likely trying to make the jump next season (and the Nashes spots the only ones open) I suspect Rick goes elsewhere.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I have a feeling he'll sign with a team nobody will expect him to sign with. Will guess one of Dallas, St. Louis, Minnesota or San Jose.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
C'mon Rick. Connor and Drai need a sniper on the left side. Come put up 40 next year and make some bank the year after.
The Oilers already made a big mistake with Lucic on money and term. Why would they want to probably over pay and over term a 33 year fading star. They need youth and speed more than old and rich.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
What do you think will happen in the offseason to Mr Nash?

Will the Bruins try and extend him before July 1st? Will he test free agency, and if so possible destinations.

What could he get on the market where he's at in his career?

I think he comes back to NYR on a discount

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's UFA, someone will give him a stupid long-term deal. I don't think it will be Boston though. They have the other Nash to worry about, who I think is far more important than Rick to the fabric of the team.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
3X5. Similiar to the Vanek minny deal or Marleau deal with Toronto although both those players had stronger seasons before the signing.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
But, because he would want some stability, I can see him taking a bit less annually to get a 3rd year.

3 years at anywhere between 12-14 million total
I think that knocks a lot of team's out of the bidding. He hasn't hit 40 points in years and he's in his 30's. The league isn't short on dumb GM's though, so you never know.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Could see Dallas if they don’t make a move at the draft. Or Oilers

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
I have heard that it was a basically a done deal he would return to the Rangers. I have no clue why the Rangers would want to do this...

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
He will get a contract similar to what Staal got in minnesota

Something like 3 years 3.5M per.

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
What do you think will happen in the offseason to Mr Nash?

Will the Bruins try and extend him before July 1st? Will he test free agency, and if so possible destinations.

What could he get on the market where he's at in his career?
Isles 5 mil x 3 yrs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad