UFA Frenzy/Offseason Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If you ask me, I would focus on getting Weegar from Florida for a couple of our wingers and/or a pick.

I would really like to see offensive minded Weegar paired with Gavrikov

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If you ask me, I would focus on getting Weegar from Florida for a couple of our wingers and/or a pick.

I would really like to see offensive minded Weegar paired with Gavrikov
I’m good with Weegar. But if we get him + sign him, then we’re logjammed at D too

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I’m good with Weegar. But if we get him + sign him, then we’re logjammed at D too
Honestly, that’s just my hopeful thinking, I’ve already accepted there won’t be any moves today and this season will likely be a year of development and possibly getting a lottery pick

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Jesus Christ why does the Metro always insist on being the best division in the league?
IMO Burns isn't great anymore, and his contract isn't gonna age well. But it's Carolina and everything they touch seems to turn to gold. So…

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I think if the Devils get Gaudreau, they pass Washington on the Metro chart.

Don’t know what NYI will do, but on paper it’s between us and Flyers for the last spot

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Yay! Come on, rest of Metro, add some contracts that won’t age well. I want some Metro version of Lucic and Neal in a few years when we are ready to be good.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
has there been any actual rumor for the blue jackets ?
If you are sitting around waiting with bated breath for some big Jackets to thing to happen you’re wasting your time and energy. If you’re hanging around open to the possibility that some CBJ thing will happen out of nowhere and you’ll find out about it when everyone else does but if it doesn’t you won’t be too disappointed that’s probably the right approach.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Yay! Come on, rest of Metro, add some contracts that won’t age well. I want some Metro version of Lucic and Neal in a few years when we are ready to be good.

Jeff Carter, Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang, Nicklas Backstrom (LTIR?), Brent Burns, Anders Lee, Kreider if he stops shooting 20%, Bryan Rust, Rikcard Rakell, T.J. Oshie, maybe Ovechkin if he slows down in his last 30s (though I think Washington just wants to get him the goals record)...are all candidates.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jesus Christ why does the Metro always insist on being the best division in the league?
It's an arms race, Crosby and Ovie are on their last hoorahs, which forces others to up the ante to compete.

Like others have said, hopefully by the time they are starting their rebuilds we'll be on the rise.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Another interesting name flying under radar is Ilya Mikheyev - a fast 20 goal scorer with size who fared well at PK too.

Given our surplus with wingers, that’s an unlikely signing, but he seems like a Jackets type player

Reactions: VT and CBJx614

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Apparently Montreal has a trade they aren't announcing until later today, speculation is the player is due a bonus and the team getting said player doesn't want to pay it, could be interesting

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Apparently Montreal has a trade they aren't announcing until later today, speculation is the player is due a bonus and the team getting said player doesn't want to pay it, could be interesting
I understood that speculation to be mostly about Petry. Dunno if it actually gets anywhere tho.

Other folks have conflated it with "we want PLD", but that's probably fanbase daydreaming. Probably. Possibly. Maybe. Hell if I know for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia