UEFA Europa League 2021-22

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Seville going to be torn to pieces by these two sets of fans. Feel bad for anyone living near the city center.
Wonder how many brave media types will contrast the near certain carnage in Seville to how things went the last time a Scottish club played a Euro final in the city?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Can someone who understands tactics better than me please explain something: Why is it that I constantly see defenders get the ball in their own end with nobody near them and then just stop and invite an opposing player to close them down rather than do what I would think to be the safe and smart thing and get the ball out of their own end as quick as possible? And why do keepers also do that when risk/reward says doing so is a really bad idea?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Wonder how many brave media types will contrast the near certain carnage in Seville to how things went the last time a Scottish club played a Euro final in the city?
I think it's going to get really bad media coverage. The Manchester final between Zenit and Rangers did too.

Reactions: sabremike

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Can't believe the finals in these two comps are Rangers/Frankfurt and Feyenoord/Roma. Never woulda guessed three of those teams. Glory days long in the past for those.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Can't believe the finals in these two comps are Rangers/Frankfurt and Feyenoord/Roma. Never woulda guessed three of those teams. Glory days long in the past for those.

I love it, proper old school vibes. If you told me these were the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup finalists from 1978 I'd believe it.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
These are 2 iconic finals(SGE vs Rangers, Roma vs Feyenoord). The fans of these clubs are also huge. All have huge atmospheric followings. These will be very loud finals. Not as quiet as in the PL.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC needed Frankfurt to win today BAD to keep that PL chase alive.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
These are 2 iconic finals(SGE vs Rangers, Roma vs Feyenoord). The fans of these clubs are also huge. All have huge atmospheric followings. These will be very loud finals. Not as quiet as in the PL.
Everyone hates on Rangers, but I'd rather have their fans there than 500 Red Bull employees putting the trip on their expense account.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
DdKj_OGWkAAXZcB.jpg

hopefully slippers mcewan can make it to seville like he made it to manchester. the huns were just so well behaved 14 years ago.

Reactions: sabremike

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
So I don't hate "The Gers"! I think this is a great club.
Last time they were in a European final they destroyed Manchester, and the time before that made such a mess of Barcelona that the trophy had to be presented in the changing room and they were banned from European competition the following year. Hell, they rioted in the middle of a pandemic after winning the domestic league last year. Not once, but twice.

But aye, a great bunch of lads. Seville’s going to love them.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Last time they were in a European final they destroyed Manchester, and the time before that made such a mess of Barcelona that the trophy had to be presented in the changing room and they were banned from European competition the following year. Hell, they rioted in the middle of a pandemic after winning the domestic league last year. Not once, but twice.

But aye, a great bunch of lads. Seville’s going to love them.
The last time was 2008 vs St. Petersburg! Forget?

The last time in european final was 2008 vs St. Petersburg! Forget?

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Rangers-Frankfurt is a walk compared to the Conference final, I'm very worried because there is the precedent of 2015 and I'm pretty sure something very bad will happen.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't love Rangers by any means but I'm finding it hard to cheer against Ramsey (fav player of all time) and Arfield for his great work in a dark period for the CMNT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad