UEFA Europa League 2021-22

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I guess. I didn't see in the replay whether or not someone could have gotten over.

No one else was remotely close, closest player was something like 20 yards away.

A+ job by Dawson completely losing his man in front of goal and neither stopping the cutback nor being remotely close to him man.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Honestly Benhrama getting a yellow there is just the ref having no idea what to do to control the game and hoping he can keep things calm by giving everyone a yellow.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Can someone who understands tactics better than me please explain something: Why is it that I constantly see defenders get the ball in their own end with nobody near them and then just stop and invite an opposing player to close them down rather than do what I would think to be the safe and smart thing and get the ball out of their own end as quick as possible? And why do keepers also do that when risk/reward says doing so is a really bad idea?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Seville going to be torn to pieces by these two sets of fans. Feel bad for anyone living near the city center.

Can someone who understands tactics better than me please explain something: Why is it that I constantly see defenders get the ball in their own end with nobody near them and then just stop and invite an opposing player to close them down rather than do what I would think to be the safe and smart thing and get the ball out of their own end as quick as possible? And why do keepers also do that when risk/reward says doing so is a really bad idea?

When you wait for someone to close you down you're dragging their player offsides and trying to open a passing channel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad