UEFA Conference League 2021-2022

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Bodø/Glimt are really impressive. Haven't played a game in over 2 months, lost several players to bigger teams again, and then go to Celtic and beat them soundly.

Reactions: gary69

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
The same Celtic that beat Rangers recently soundly, who beat in turn tonight Dortmund soundly. That's the beauty of football.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Fair play to Bødø. Played the better game and pressed well. Technically very good, had only a few chances but took them. I’m stunned Knutsen is still there tbh.

Thought we played one of our worst games since the summer. Defending was shocking.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Fair play to Bødø. Played the better game and pressed well. Technically very good, had only a few chances but took them. I’m stunned Knutsen is still there tbh.

Thought we played one of our worst games since the summer. Defending was shocking.

Yeah, one of those cases where guys are proving themselves almost too quickly, and it takes a while for rest of the world to catch up. Like I've said before, there are certainly teams in Germany that should be after him next summer. Or if someone like Ten Hag moves on, then he should be an option for that spot as well.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Knutsen is a genius. But he is also very very Norwegian in his mindset. Not sure if he would be able to manage abroad. Would be cool if he got the chance of course. In terms of what he gets out of these players year after year now at Bodø he is absolutely world class. Ridiculous to lose your best players time after time, but they almost just get better.

If he got a big team to gel like Bodø he would be ranked among the very top. Bodø is a small club even by Norwegian standards.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Dasa with two assists for Vitesse tonight, pretty much identical good crosses leading to goals.

Weird stuff in the Qarabaq - Marseille match, Qarabag player clearly punched the ball into net just as Mandanda was about to catch it. No VAR, but still weird that the ref approved the goal and gave a few yellow cards for protesting Marseille players & staff and wanted to restart the match. But Marseille still kept on complaining, and it seemed that the Qarabaq manager then finally persuaded his players to admit that it wasn't a legit goal and told ref this. Only after this the ref did rule the goal out.

I was watching the match without sound, so that might not be exactly what happened, but that's how it looked. Marseille won easily in the end.

Great footwork by Madueke inside the penalty area in the PSV match, too bad keeper was able to save it. Not sure why the match was suspended for a while, maybe some inappropriate shouts from the crowd, big Israeli crowd was very loud.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
R16 draw (games to be played March 10 and 17)

Leicester City (ENG) vs Rennes (FRA)
Marseille (FRA) vs Basel (SUI)
PAOK (GRE) vs Gent (BEL)
Vitesse (NED) vs AS Roma (ITA)
PSV Eindhoven (NED) vs Copenhagen (DEN)
Slavia Praha (CZE) vs LASK (AUT)
Bodø/Glimt (NOR) vs AZ Alkmaar (NED)
Partizan (SRB) vs Feyenoord (NED)

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Would have been cool with Bodø against Leicester, Marseille or Copenhagen. Next round then ;)

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
With 2nd legs to be played on Thursday, and since nobody commented (or posted in the wrong thread) and my post got lost in the forum transfer, I wanted to re-post about PSV's Cody Gakpo's great preformance in that wild 4-4 match.

I also think that Marseille has a very good group of players for this competition level, and could play quite a bit better. Just ironing out the mistakes (like that Rongier's backwards header, which Mandanda barely prevented on the line from becoming an embarrasing own goal) and Marseille could reach the final.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Leicester can't get out of their own box. Schmeichel just made a miracle save.
And to think Leicester was allowed to have a defenseman save a goal with both hands in the first leg without a penalty being called.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So a Leicester defenseman is allowed to elbow an attacker AND handle the ball on the same play inside his box at the 92nd minute without a penalty being called.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They didn't though. Leicester had more shots on target in the first leg.
Did you watch the game? They dominated but passed around in the box without shooting. Totally frustrating. Should have won by a wider margin too tonight.
And of course two blatant penalties not whistled (no VAR in Conference).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad