UEFA Conference League 2021-2022

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Alli was actually worse than Sessegnon in this game.

Quite pathetic the push for a second. OGS ready to go again?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Mura brings on a guy on loan from a German third division team - and ends up winning.

Spurs most likely won't qualify from this group :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And the richest owner on the planet has his team go through in Spurs group, topping it.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not like Kane is carrying this team these days.

Hopefully Conte learns a thing or two about the squad if nothing else.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I feel sorry for the Spurs fans who missed the chance of seeing a proper football team for once :D

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Am I right in understanding that Spurs are eliminated? If so, I wonder if they'll make up the game at all.

JK I looked again. Apparently away goals in matches among the tied teams isn't a factor anymore. So Spurs would still advance with a win.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
So, Tottenham are still in the draw? If the Rennes match will not be played at all, how can Tottenham still progress? Why drag the decision regarding the match until the draw.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Yeah that tweet is a tad misleading, the club is only a few years old but it’s basically been reborn many times after bankruptcies. One of my dads friends from the town he grew up in ‘Yugoslavia’ played for them in the 70s in the Yugo lower leagues

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Nah seems Vitesse was drawn not Tottenham.

I don't think an official verdict have been given, Tottenham are still in the draw results at Uefa's website.

UEFA Europa Conference League knockout round play-off draw | UEFA Europa Conference League

There's a date availalbe for the match to be played before Christmas. As that's pretty much the only available one, Uefa's really should have mandated that date already, and if either club refuses to play, they should be expelled from current edition and banned from partizipating in any European competition for the next 5 seasons.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
In the draw, Vitesse's name was here, not Tottenham's.

I don't understand what you are talking about.

I watched the draw live from UEFA's website, both teams' names were there, in the paperslip taken from inside the ball. And both names were there on the display, that showed the result of the draw. As the draw went on, both teams were mentioned specifically that they couldn't be drawn against PSV and Leicester because of country protection, when PSV and Leicester were drawn before Spurs/Vitesse.

So what you are saying, isn't true.

You can still rewatch the draw at UEFA's website. Leicester drawn is at 17.30 mark and you can see that Tottenham/Vitesse is marked in red colour, not possible to be drawn against them.

UEFA Europa Conference League knockout round play-off draw | UEFA Europa Conference League

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
No problem.

Apparently Spurs have offered to play the match in France, even when it's their home match, if that would help to find a suitable date for it. Spurs also offered to play the match this Thursday, but Premier league didn't agree to postpone their match against Leicester (even if both teams asked to postpone it). I guess that's understandable since Spurs already have two matches moved previously.

UEFA is supposed to make a decision about the match next week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad