GWT: UCL R16 Second Legs (current events talk in First Leg thread)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't agree.

I think he's a pretty good footballer. He is not worth what they paid. But he's better than he has shown. I think the parade of defenders next to him, the mediocrity in front of him providing cover and meh management, and it's where it is. He's trying to do too much. Klopp could fix him.
Klopp would not be able to use him with Liverpool’s high line/offsides trap.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don't agree.

I think he's a pretty good footballer. He is not worth what they paid. But he's better than he has shown. I think the parade of defenders next to him, the mediocrity in front of him providing cover and meh management, and it's where it is. He's trying to do too much. Klopp could fix him.
There are much worse defenders that do solid work when they're insulated correctly. Hell, Craig Dawson got run out of Watford and has creditably done the job at West Ham. The expectation of how West Ham and United plays is obviously different, but Dawson is also expected to play within himself whereas I think Maguire is constantly trying to do too much to live up to the price tag.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't agree.

Being a pretty good footballer doesn't mean that England's Süle knockoff is good enough for the level that's expected of him for club or country.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Unsurprisingly, a very defensive lineup from Tuchel

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't agree.

I don’t think it’s a surprise he looked his best(still not 80mil worth) when Ole was just bunkering down and countering. His skill set is tailor made for that. And it’s not a surprise that since RR has emphasized pressing and a higher line that it’s exposed all of Maguires weaknesses.

Reactions: cgf

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Very weird penalty call in the chelsea match

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I am 100% certain De Ligt will leave. I honestly wouldn't blame him. I would never want play for Allegri as player. I think I would play for Inter before going to any team with Allegri coaching it.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I am 100% certain De Ligt will leave. I honestly wouldn't blame him. I would never want play for Allegri as player. I think I would play for Inter before going to any team with Allegri coaching it.
Was Allegri manager when de Ligt signed in the first place? Juve was always kind of a weird spot for him but that was probably Raiola’s doing more than anything.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Was Allegri manager when de Ligt signed in the first place? Juve was always kind of a weird spot for him but that was probably Raiola’s doing more than anything.
He was fired when De Ligt signed. Just Allegri back has a backwards mentality. I don't see how joining Juventus is weird. Even at our worst, we are still "technically" a top team. The only thing odd is Juventus never properly rebuilt the midfield.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad