GWT: UCL Matchweek 2 & 3

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
United have had the chances for 2-2 but the defending has been shocking. Shaw all over the place.

Bruno terrible apart from the pass to Fred. Get Cavani on.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Point was he's not moving anywhere. Plus Rodgers has a stench of failure and Liverpool in him.
Point was that saying no to a club smaller in stature than the one you're currently with ≠ saying no to a club that's larger in stature than the one you're currently with

Reactions: luiginb

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Point was that saying no to a club smaller in stature than the one you're currently with ≠ saying no to a club that's larger in stature than the one you're currently with
Yea, he has no reason to go from Leicester to Newcastle, but the history of Manchester United might pull him in.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Everything united has done since Ferguson retired has been underwhelming.

there arent many options out there
It's still United, there will be better options than Southgate.... Any decent club-level Manager would be a better hire than the guy who failed at Middlesbrough.

Reactions: luiginb

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Holy shit watching Chelsea the last six weeks has been rough

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
They saw my last post and decided to steal the ball and score within the ten seconds after I posted that

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lille has been pretty good against Sevilla. Both teams missing their best CB and getting some chances.
Sevilla had the best chance, but Lille has been a tad better overall. Tied game is probably fair so far. But you feel that both teams can score anytime.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I wasn't making that point.
Okay but you said that he said no to newcastle, implying that he would therefore say no to united. They're different clubs with different appeals.

Your argument sucked and now you're claiming you didn't make it.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Rudiger fouled Pena to take the ball there lol

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh LOL Ocampos with a master class acting to get a yellow out of the ref for Celik. :facepalm:
Absolutely desastrous behaviour, something he's very very used to.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Where’s the back Ole band wagon now? In a ditch? On fire?

Could’ve had a number of appointments that have gone elsewhere, but basically persisted with him.

All that said, United probably scrape a draw today. Though Atalanta are no mugs

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Your words: "Neymar may be the best penalty taker ever." and then a post later: "He might be the best ever on penalties, at least from a subjective assessment."

Of course in the very same post, a few words later you say: "There's probably some guy in Malaysia with a 100% record that'll claim the best % rate, but Neymar is probably the best of the guys considered world class of the last few generations at least. "

Which is the back track of the century, given in that very same post you repeated your claim he might be the best ever at penalties. So then it's suddenly the best out of a group of maybe 10-15 players which runs directly counter to your previous claim *in the same post*. There's no reason to believe the best penalty takers in the world would be recruited from 'players considered world class' overall.

So in other words, before calling out the reading comprehension skills of others, maybe consider that the problem is the incoherence of your argument.

You’ve sufficiently moved the goalposts. You tried to bring up stats after you were well aware or would’ve been well aware if you read the discussion that stats were not the primary basis of what I stated.

Also, I actually threw the second part in there because I knew there would be a smart-ass that tried to pull out some irrelevant or largely irrelevant statistical data. It’s needed because there’s always someone who says Martin Frk was recorded as having the hardest shot when the question is who has the hardest shot in hockey. Most people understand the terms of the discussion, and then there’s usually someone that tries to claim that some slight statistical evidence supports a viewpoint that doesn’t really add anything constructive to the debate. Looks like I was proven correct in doing so.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad