GWT: UCL Draw and QF First Legs

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The only thing he said which was somewhat accurate is that he possesses more athleticism than technical ability. But he doesn't play like and is rarely utilized as a 'classic number 9' so I don't know where that's coming from.

He also followed the statement by saying Nunez was stiff, which is super weird and couldn't be further from true.

Elvis P

Chips from the chocolate fireball
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
How long is this HT? An hour? I watched the entire 2nd half of Fulham during it.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
They look so much better since bring Leroy, Leon, & Niklas on...despite Neuer trying to give away the 0-2.
They're not going to get anywhere by only playing those (mostly poor) long diagonal balls. Villareal too content to stall the winger with it and force them to dump it back into the center.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Nunez is a lot like Cavani running through channels. Which I think is a classic number 9.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They're not going to get anywhere by only playing those (mostly poor) long diagonal balls. Villareal too content to stall the winger with it and force them to dump it back into the center.

Sane was finding plenty of space to flow them forward, and when they're coming at you in waves like that, it's usually just a matter of time before they start getting their touches perfect & pouring them in.

Villareal's win wasn't undeserved today, but they will need to be even better in the 2nd leg, to hold on.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The only thing he said which was somewhat accurate is that he possesses more athleticism than technical ability. But he doesn't play like and is rarely utilized as a 'classic number 9' so I don't know where that's coming from.
His agenda that he admitted to.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Lol all the EPL fanboys and "expert" pundits kept talking about how Madrids midfield was "too old" and it would be an easy win for Chelsea. Madrid is the best team in the world and Benzema is the best player in the world. As PSG found out in the last round, history and prestige >> oil money.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
As for Bayern, they aren't that great this year. Obviously on their day they can destroy anyone, but defensively they can be exposed by the best teams. They get by in the BuLi because it's a crap league and have been gifted cupcake draws in the UCL, but they will get torn apart by Liverpool.

• Love
Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad