GDT: U20 WJC GDT: Denmark vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I think by now Denmark (as a hockey nation) is used to giving up double digits. I know that sounds snarky, and I guess it is, but I really do feel for them.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
slaughter.

Not really fair to the danes though, they faced the Czechs less than 20 hours before puck drop. They were completely out of gas after the first period.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Very nice, but kind of douchey to do it in a game you're already winning easily. I know, I know, goal differential counts.

if someone would try this with the score even and he failed to score, people would like to kill him for not being serious about the game. ;)

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
How did Paajaveri look?

didn't get much time early in the game, but the coach was somehow always talking to him. in the 3rd period he was playing more and looked very good and extremely motivated. he deserved his goal and i think he deserves more ice-time in the next games. he showed that he's good enough to play at that level.

leftofcenter

Nov 23, 2007
Hoerstel
Very nice, but kind of douchey to do it in a game you're already winning easily. I know, I know, goal differential counts.

I wish one of the Danes would have dropped him just before coming out from behind the net...that's cheap ass hockey especially when up by that margin, goal differentials or not. I also think it's embarrasing for anyone from the great hockey city of Edmonton. Sorry but I can't stand that stuff in the game even if Crosby's done it before - if it was a slick goal done at high speed with your head up that's one thing but this is just showboating and like kicking a team when they're down. The Danes deserve a lot more respect than that for what they're trying to build.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
HFboards never stop to amaze me. Figren is a cheap player. Ok.

I suggest Canada doesn't score more than one goal tomorrow, otherwise they would be a lame bunch of cheap artists for not keeping the game even and respected.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
I wish one of the Danes would have dropped him just before coming out from behind the net...that's cheap ass hockey especially when up by that margin, goal differentials or not. I also think it's embarrasing for anyone from the great hockey city of Edmonton. Sorry but I can't stand that stuff in the game even if Crosby's done it before - if it was a slick goal done at high speed with your head up that's one thing but this is just showboating and like kicking a team when they're down. The Danes deserve a lot more respect than that for what they're trying to build.
You must not like hockey very much. I guess the German national team respects their opponents so much they never score which is why they're not in this tournament. Shame on the Swedes!

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
HFboards never stop to amaze me. Figren is a cheap player. Ok.
I suggest Canada doesn't score more than one goal tomorrow, otherwise they would be a lame bunch of cheap artists for not keeping the game even and respected.

Sounds kind of silly.
But I can promise that Tavares won't be looking to score a lacrosse goal after Canada goes up 5-1.
:shakehead

In Exisle

Nov 24, 2006
Boston, MA
if the Danes can't stop it then they deserve to have that happen to them.. just that simple.

i do have a soft spot for Denmark, but to call it cheap for running up the score or what not is pretty ridiculous. once again if the Danes can't stop games and goals like that from happening then maybe they just shouldn't be at this level in the first place.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
This righteous indignation over a how a player decided to score a goal is just silly. And I tell you this - if I were a Dane I'd be offended by people bad-mouthing it, as if Denmark is so weak and vulnerable that getting scored on is going to hurt their feelings.

SChan*

dude this is hockey...it's not a childrens game.

krismunk

Apr 13, 2007
Rødovre, Denmark
This righteous indignation over a how a player decided to score a goal is just silly.

Absolutely - we sucked, we deserved it & it would be too boring to watch if players couldn't do stuff like that. I always thought american football was the only sport where you had this lame notion that "showboating" and "running up the score" was bad...

Hopefully this match will somehow provide the right motivation for the next match against Slovakia, though - the one where we thought we might have a chance:help:

mikael99

Feb 14, 2007
The game showcased the problem danish hockey have. Our D-men are not good enough, and the same can be said about our goaltending.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
The game showcased the problem danish hockey have. Our D-men are not good enough, and the same can be said about our goaltending.

yes, but still they were tired, especially at the end of the game. and that's a good excuse. i hope they get a rest and will play better next game, because they are better than what they showed today.
denmark is not ready to compete at that high level. not yet. but still it's nice to see that they are improving.

i think they might have a chance against slovakia.

leftofcenter

Nov 23, 2007
Hoerstel
Absolutely - we sucked, we deserved it & it would be too boring to watch if players couldn't do stuff like that. I always thought american football was the only sport where you had this lame notion that "showboating" and "running up the score" was bad...

Hopefully this match will somehow provide the right motivation for the next match against Slovakia, though - the one where we thought we might have a chance:help:

Have any of you been on the other side of a ran-up score s***kicking? In hockey? From my experience when it takes place, bad things happen and deservedly so. Actually there IS an unwritten rule in (Canadian, anyway) hockey that you don't do it - ask some players. Making it okay to do so will only ensure that the IIHF WJC never goes to 12 teams after all. Anyone who likes hockey never wants to see those 35-0 scores again which really doesn't help the Danes, Germans, Ukraine, GBR, Swiss and others who are on the edge of moving/staying up in the top level. I like watching these teams compete and get better but getting the score run up on you doesn't make you a better team, but it can make teams try and do it to the weaker teams later. Oh, that's gotta be good for the game. The way some people talk here it's like "go for it; it's all good fun" to watch some guy try practice-level plays and be a superstar for his 15 minutes... I still stick by my previous post.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
eh what do you mean by "letting the score run up"?
Are you saying its too easy to score like that and if everyone did it we would see 30-40 goal games?
Doesn't make any sense to me.
It was also just 1 goal out of 10 .. or did you mean the Swedes should have stopped playing after 5 goals? or maybe 6?
Whats a "good" score that is not "run up"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia