GDT: U18 Final day (USA-CAN, SWE-SVK)

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
14 to 8 is deceiving there however, they almost completely controlled pace for 40 minutes. they were in our end a lot.
And that was reversed from the start of the 3rd. It wasn't just the major - that came halfway thru the period.

Unlike this morning, I am watching with the sound ON. Craig Buttons talks and talks and talks and talks.

If I hear Cole Caufield's name one more time, I may vomit.
But did you know he set the program record for goals??

dino200022

Does anyone have a link to the 5 minute penalty...I was only able to watch the first two periods yesterday and had to miss the whole 3rd. I feel bad for the US if it was a bad/soft international call, they were dominating through two and Canada owes Carter George a big hug!

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Does anyone have a link to the 5 minute penalty...I was only able to watch the first two periods yesterday and had to miss the whole 3rd. I feel bad for the US if it was a bad/soft international call, they were dominating through two and Canada owes Carter George a big hug!
Nothing that I could find on Twitter nor the game highlights on YouTube. Absolute stupidity for Connelly to even attempt the hit at that stage of the game. Regardless of what anyone thought of the penalty. IIHF is going call anything predatory or close to the head.

dino200022

Nothing that I could find on Twitter nor the game highlights on YouTube. Absolute stupidity for Connelly to even attempt the hit at that stage of the game. Regardless of what anyone thought of the penalty. IIHF is going call anything predatory or close to the head.

All good, thank you for trying. They certainly play with "different" rules when you have the IIHF refs involved that is for sure. I am just hoping it was at least a legit penalty and not a soft call. Nothing ruins a game like the IIHF soft calls.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

Go to about the 2min mark. Looks like shoulder to head and probably not a penalty in the NHL because the change in head position, but the IIHF is a lot stricter with contact to the head:

Guy In Burlington

Mar 17, 2022
If the above video doesn’t work try this one, at about the 1:00 mark.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I was so pissed about the Czech team announcment that I missed this.lol Congrats Canada. Truly awesome Gold. Now go win the World's USA! Get that senior monkey off your backs!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I was so pissed about the Czech team announcment that I missed this.lol Congrats Canada. Truly awesome Gold. Now go win the World's USA! Get that senior monkey off your backs!
How do you think Edmonton will do against Vancouver?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
How do you think Edmonton will do against Vancouver?
I always thought 7 games but wasn't sure who would win.

To my eye

Forwards edge oilers
D edge Nucks
G edge Nucks

But now no demko.

Still say 7. Hope one of them bring a cup to Canada... Been too long.

Oilers are built the wrong way imo. We aren't that different from Toronto.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I always thought 7 games but wasn't sure who would win.

To my eye

Forwards edge oilers
D edge Nucks
G edge Nucks

But now no demko.

Still say 7. Hope one of them bring a cup to Canada... Been too long.

Oilers are built the wrong way imo. We aren't that different from Toronto.
Yikes! NOT what I wanted to read. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad