U18: U18 Day 6 - Last call!

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
We did finish 2nd in a pool with Canada and US last year and we did beat Canada last year here. We also won our quarter 8-0. Then we shit the bed.lol We will be shitting it much earlier this year.

Time for a change but I hope it isn't a former NHLer and his first job! I don't want to see Jagr coaching next year. I would like to see a coach. Do we have any?
I'd go with Václav Eismann (current U17 coach) for next season. He knows the 2006 players very well and they played some great hockey under him in the tournaments I watched. Next U18 the team should be much better in terms of offense.. several talented forwards in that class.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
So after 4 games Celebrini 7 points and Kiviharju 7 as defender.
yet Celebrini seen as clear first overall and Kiviharju bust,flop,overrated,overhyped future 2nd rounder... i dont understand

Last edited:

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I'd go with Václav Eismann (current U17 coach) for next season. He knows the 2006 players very well and they played some great hockey under him in the tournaments I watched. Next U18 the team should be much better in terms of offense.. several talented forwards in that class.
After this shitshow i am going to temper my expectation only guys worth anything are Sale who was excellent Jiricek who had struggles as 16yo and Hrabal, then there is decent Dvorak and then nothing absolute black hole consisted of guys who are going to have problems playing in Chance league if they will be playing hockey at all, they are fcking brutal...

Reactions: Blueston

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
And that's enough for you to not mind the coach? Boar summed it up, the guy is a completely incompetent coach. Always, always his team finds a way to lose the game, there always comes a point sooner or later when he breaks. And such random shots like last year when they beat a very weakened Canada, they played good power plays because he had the right players for them.. Just no, the guy is not giving his teams anything, there is no movement in sight, there is no clear tactic in the game. Nothing even remotely close to what 2x Rulík accomplished with his team.

I was excited about this team but I also had badinka, galvas and benak on it.

Eismann sounds like a great choice.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I was excited about this team but I also had badinka, galvas and benak on it.

Eismann sounds like a great choice.
None of those players would help that team. As I didn't believe that Rulík could compete with other teams (on paper they should have been better) and he did miracles, this coach knows shit and never moved the team anywhere. He sunk the maximum.

Reactions: Czechboy

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
yet Celebrini seen as clear first overall and Kiviharju bust,flop,overrated,overhyped future 2nd rounder... i dont understand
I'm pretty sure Celebrini could put up 4 points against Norway as well right?

But at the 24 draft scouts and people are all going to be talking about each guy having 7 points before the knockout stage in the 2023 U18 no doubt.

Reactions: Realgud and jj cale

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
I'm pretty sure Celebrini could put up 4 points against Norway as well right?

But at the 24 draft scouts and people are all going to be talking about each guy having 7 points before the knockout stage in the 2023 U18 no doubt.
Yes lots of talk about "issues" in Kiviharjus game but quiet on how Celebrini cant score at U18

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yes lots of talk about "issues" in Kiviharjus game but quiet on how Celebrini cant score at U18
Celebrini is tracking as the higher pick in the 24 draft, in fact he is in the running for #1 so enjoy the 4 point night against Norway as it doesn't mean much in the big scheme of things.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Celebrini is tracking as the higher pick in the 24 draft, in fact he is in the running for #1 so enjoy the 4 point night against Norway as it doesn't mean much in the big scheme of thinGoi
Going to be weak first overall pick then if can't even perform at U18.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
So it went just as pretty much everyone had predicted for the Czechs. We knew we had a poor team and a poor coach (sorry, Czechboy..!) and even before the first puck was played literally the only question for me that had no 100% obvious answer was if we beat Slovakia and avoid the US in the QF or not. We didn’t, so we won’t. Shame.. though with this team we would not get far anyway.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So it went just as pretty much everyone had predicted for the Czechs. We knew we had a poor team and a poor coach (sorry, Czechboy..!) and even before the first puck was played literally the only question for me that had no 100% obvious answer was if we beat Slovakia and avoid the US in the QF or not. We didn’t, so we won’t. Shame.. though with this team we would not get far anyway.
We will leave here with losses to Slovakia, Canada, Sweden and US. Very little argument we were a medal contender. Our crowning contribution will be being tied with Sweden after 50 minutes before losing lol

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
Cole Hutson 7 points as well :thumbu: has neither of their hype

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I am not sure if people are actually watching the games, Celebrini has been playing very well, one of our best if not best forward. He's in the tougher group to boot, the other group has more teams to beat up on and look terrific.

You're way off on these takes concerning his game so far folks. Absolutely nothing in his play thus far suggests he shouldn't be on the short list for contenders for first overall next year.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Celebrini isn't having a great tournament but neither is Kiviharju and all underagers will have lesser totals than guys in their last year.
Uh, how is Kiviharju not having a great tournament? He's tying the all-time points record for u17 defensemen along with Cole Hutson. Leading the team in plus/minus and all, 5 points ahead of the second-highest scoring defenseman on the team, etc.

To me it's crazy just how high the expectations are for him, while certain other prospects get everything spun in their favor.

Jimmy71

Apr 2, 2022
After the 3 dots you summed up your answer... you clearly don't understand lol

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
I am not sure if people are actually watching the games, Celebrini has been playing very well, one of our best if not best forward. He's in the tougher group to boot, the other group has more teams to beat up on and look terrific.

You're way off on these takes concerning his game so far folks. Absolutely nothing in his play thus far suggests he shouldn't be on the short list for contenders for first overall next year.
Yeah, this. I don't know what games folks have been watching if they think Celebrini isn't having a good tournament. His play away from the puck has stood out more to me, but if we're sticking with points, Celebrini's 1.75 points per game (7 total) is equal to or better than the D-1 U-18 of Bedard (1.75), Stamkos (1.67), Hall (1.29) Lafreniere (1.20), Duchene (1.14), etc.

I certainly wasn't expecting Bedard (D-2) or McDavid numbers from Celebrini, since those guys are two of the best players we'll ever see at the junior level.

If we go back to last season, Bedard had 7 points, Fantilli had 6 and Leo Carlsson had 3 (in 2 games), and these guys are pretty much the consensus top 3 this year. Celebrini putting up 1.75 ppg certainly doesn't mean he isn't a #1 caliber prospect or the draft is somehow going to be weak. There's far more to it than that.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Yeah, this. I don't know what games folks have been watching if they think Celebrini isn't having a good tournament. His play away from the puck has stood out more to me, but if we're sticking with points, Celebrini's 1.75 points per game (7 total) is equal to or better than the D-1 U-18 of Bedard (1.75), Stamkos (1.67), Hall (1.29) Lafreniere (1.20), Duchene (1.14), etc.

I certainly wasn't expecting Bedard (D-2) or McDavid numbers from Celebrini, but those guys are two of the best players we'll ever see at the junior level.

If we go back to last season, Bedard had 7 points, Fantilli had 6 and Leo Carlsson had 3 (in 2 games), and these guys are pretty much the consensus top 3 this year. Celebrini putting up 1.75 ppg certainly doesn't mean he isn't a #1 caliber prospect or the draft is somehow going to be weak. There's far more to it than that.
I'll second the play away from the puck part here, I really wasn't expecting that from a young player like him and it's been as impressive as what he is able to create offensively. Good work on the back check all the time stripping guys of the puck, anticipating where the puck is going to be going and jumping on it to break up potential plays, it's been impressive.

He might not go number 1 next year but some team is going to be real happy to add this player to their core going forward and I could see him turning out to be the best player in the draft regardless of if he goes number 1 or not , he's been very good so far this tournament, very good.

Every time he hops over the boards to take a shift I am really comfortable, I know he will do some good work almost every time, big part of this team.

It's easy to see why he is so highly regarded.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Celebrini has been the best of the underagers at this tournament in my viewing and has gotten more done than draft-eligibles on Team Canada. I too am wondering where thought is coming from that he's somehow had a subpar tournament.

Reactions: jj cale

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Uh, how is Kiviharju not having a great tournament? He's tying the all-time points record for u17 defensemen along with Cole Hutson. Leading the team in plus/minus and all, 5 points ahead of the second-highest scoring defenseman on the team, etc.

To me it's crazy just how high the expectations are for him, while certain other prospects get everything spun in their favor.
He had 4 assists in the final mean nothing 10-2 win over Norway and he was +5 in the game.

He hasn't had a great tournament really but we will see how he does against Slovakia and against a better team if Finland advances.

Either way next season is the important season for the 24 draft guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad