U18: U18 Day 6 - Last call!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Touchdown!

Just for my own sanity. A lot of people are on Hrabal and Sale. They're not the problem. The rest of the team however.. yikes.

Reactions: GettingYourMoms

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Slovakia beat us and now I know it's becasue they were simply better.. we didn't have a bad game. We are just bad.

Sweden beat us and controlled the whole game, we never scored.

Canada is taking us to the woodshed with a touchdown.

The chef's kiss will be that US matchup.

We will leave here with 1 win over Germany and 4 very deserved losses. This also ends a beautiful quarter final streak for us which is a shame.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nah, goaltending was not up to snuff. Canada has been better but not five goals better.
I agree that Hrabal was not outstanding but I've also been writing for a few days now to expect his GAA and Save percentage to plummet as the competition improves.. it's a weak team. Blaming the goalie is easy. He's the one standing there fishing the puck out of the net. Lots happens before that. We've scored 2 goals in our last 2 games combined for instance.

Reactions: GettingYourMoms

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Stop being homer, those goals were very cheap and hrabal should´ve catched them.
cmon now, it's 7 goals and they;ve had loads of chances, it's not all on Hrabal,

oops..........make that 8 goals.

I understand losses are tough they are for me too....................but you know better then this, it has nothing to do with homerism on my part, it's not as if Canada doesn't win most of their games against the czechs and this is some upset win because of bad goaltending or something.

Who could possibly buy what you are saying except you?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Jesus that Finland's PK.
How f***ing hard it can be to clear one f***ing puck out of own defensive zone during the PK.
Norway had pressure in Finland's end and our cheese defender where somewhere else than defending / protecting own net and BAM again powerplay goal for opposite team.

We clearly cannot take penalties at all if we wanna win something in these U18 WJC's.
Whoever there is Thurday's quarterfinal vs Finlad that team has good chances to win they just need force Finland taking idiotic penalties and put puck in powerplay. Yeah our PK and defense is that bad.

Reactions: Jukurit

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I agree that Hrabal was not outstanding but I've also been writing for a few days now to expect his GAA and Save percentage to plummet as the competition improves.. it's a weak team. Blaming the goalie is easy. He's the one standing there fishing the puck out of the net. Lots happens before that. We've scored 2 goals in our last 2 games combined for instance.
You are right with his stats plummeting after this match, but he should be gone after 3rd goal.

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Looks like we gonna get two double digit smackdnowns for the road lol

As usuall our mentaly unstable players totally collapsed against an american team ... I think we have some special coaching courses for the youth players on how to completely shit themselves when playing agains US or Canada lol .

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Looks like we gonna get two double digit smackdnowns for the road lol

As usuall our mentaly unstable players totally collapsed against an american team ... I think we have some special coaching courses for the youth players on how to completely shit themselves when playing agains US or Canada lol .
And Slovakia and Sweden... and Finland. Shame they won't have a chance to kick our asses here too!lol

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
A better game and we can score goals but man we sure do give up more then you would like prime chances, shudder to think of this playing a team like the U.S.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Probably his last year as coach of U18.lol His son will age out. I don't mind the guy tbh but it hasn't gone well.
Please, what else do you need to start bothering you? What is positive about his team's performance?:huh:

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Absolutely! This is not exactly a coaching clinic from Petr.

Petr is no coach. You can see it as you watch the games. The team starts good, then allows the first goal and everything collapses. Petr is unable to do anything with it. That man earned some reputation because he won one U18 silver with a stacked team (Pastrňák, Vrána and several other very good prospects). Besides that, he is completely incompetent. Was terrible as a coach for Vítkovice. One of the big pains of Czech hockey is that they are still letting such diletant pseudo-coaches coach junior teams.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Please, what else do you need to start bothering you? What is positive about his team's performance?:huh:
This may have done it!lol

Positive - Sale, Hrabal, Dvorak and Jiricek.
Negative - everything else.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Petr is no coach. You can see it as you watch the games. The team starts good, then allows the first goal and everything collapses. Petr is unable to do anything with it. That man earned some reputation because he won one U18 silver with a stacked team (Pastrňák, Vrána and several other very good prospects). Besides that, he is completely incompetent. Was terrible as a coach for Vítkovice. One of the big pains of Czech hockey is that they are still letting such diletant pseudo-coaches coach junior teams.

We did finish 2nd in a pool with Canada and US last year and we did beat Canada last year here. We also won our quarter 8-0. Then we shit the bed.lol We will be shitting it much earlier this year.

Time for a change but I hope it isn't a former NHLer and his first job! I don't want to see Jagr coaching next year. I would like to see a coach. Do we have any?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
This may have done it!lol

Positive - Sale, Hrabal, Dvorak and Jiricek.
Negative - everything else.lol
And that's enough for you to not mind the coach? Boar summed it up, the guy is a completely incompetent coach. Always, always his team finds a way to lose the game, there always comes a point sooner or later when he breaks. And such random shots like last year when they beat a very weakened Canada, they played good power plays because he had the right players for them.. Just no, the guy is not giving his teams anything, there is no movement in sight, there is no clear tactic in the game. Nothing even remotely close to what 2x Rulík accomplished with his team.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
We did finish 2nd in a pool with Canada and US last year and we did beat Canada last year here. We also won our quarter 8-0. Then we shit the bed.lol We will be shitting it much earlier this year.

Time for a change but I hope it isn't a former NHLer and his first job! I don't want to see Jagr coaching next year. I would like to see a coach. Do we have any?
And yes, qf we won against an absolutely desperate opponent. We were lucky with the results in the second group and that Canada was not nearly as strong as it was this year.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Hope its not Varada lol. thats another overated clown.

And yes, qf we won against an absolutely desperate opponent. We were lucky with the results in the second group and that Canada was not nearly as strong as it was this year.
Also we had a much better team last year, so probably players did those results not the coach.

Next year hopefully we can field a stronger team and with a new coach and maybe not be embarassing again

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Hope its not Varada lol. thats another overated clown.

Also we had a much better team last year, so probably players did those results not the coach.

Next year hopefully we can field a stronger team and with a new coach and maybe not be embarassing again
Yes, the team was better, but in the 5/5 game they played only average, we scored goals from power plays. Yes, the quality shows in the power plays, but otherwise the team simply had nothing to impress.
Canada was a class weaker and the Swiss were even worse than this year's Germans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad