U17 World Hockey Challenge

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Not even a gold at the WCs for a quadruple smh.
You make a good point... do you think he should be the 1C or the 2C in Prague?lol

If Krejci comes back then he's out 1C. Hertl should be available so 2C. Benak is the 3C at the World's... change my mind!

And, of course, we are winning gold at home.lmao

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
You make a good point... do you think he should be the 1C or the 2C in Prague?lol

If Krejci comes back then he's out 1C. Hertl should be available so 2C. Benak is the 3C at the World's... change my mind!

And, of course, we are winning gold at home.lmao
Benák was apparently just kicked out of the U20 championship. It is hard to say how he will be as a sixteen-year-old 3C in the men's championship.. But dreaming is nice. I also dreamed many times..
Well, nothing..
:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
A little silly to me that Misa isn't going. I'm a huge fan of his, but he's not on a different level than the other top players at this tournament. Even if he was, dominating a tournament of his peers wouldn't be a bad thing for him to do.
Why isn’t Misa going?

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Hockey Canada has a ridiculous internal policy in which they "graduate" players from a level if they have played for Canada at a higher level. Since Misa played at the Hlinka (U-18), Hockey Canada won't name him to a lower level, such as the U-17, even though he is still eligible. Bedard played at a second U-18 after the cancelled U-20, but that was a unique situation.

Typically, you will only see exceptional status players play at the U-17 for Canada in their 15-year old season (Ekblad was an exception). I can't think of another nation that does this. It seems to me like its one of those "we've always done it this way" type of policies, similar to sending 3-5 teams to the U-17 the last decade when some of them were clearly outmatched and getting blown out 11-1 in a gold medal game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
IMG_3964.jpeg

PEI host

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Hockey Canada has a ridiculous internal policy in which they "graduate" players from a level if they have played for Canada at a higher level. Since Misa played at the Hlinka (U-18), Hockey Canada won't name him to a lower level, such as the U-17, even though he is still eligible. Bedard played at a second U-18 after the cancelled U-20, but that was a unique situation.

Typically, you will only see exceptional status players play at the U-17 for Canada in their 15-year old season (Ekblad was an exception). I can't think of another nation that does this. It seems to me like its one of those "we've always done it this way" type of policies, similar to sending 3-5 teams to the U-17 the last decade when some of them were clearly outmatched and getting blown out 11-1 in a gold medal game.
Makes sense for like the McDavid, Bedard type of exceptional status guys. But not for Misa. He’s been injured or whatever but doesn’t look like he’s on that tier.

StevenEllisNHL

Nov 29, 2014
1698766407935.png

Streaming packages for the tournament this year. First time they're charging for it, to my knowledge.

I'll be tweeting every highlight, but, man, tough pill to swallow I think for most fans who just wanted to watch.

Last edited:

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
View attachment 760805

Streaming packages for the tournament this year. First time they're charging for it, to my knowledge.

I'll be tweeting every highlight, but, man, tough pill to swallow I think for most fans who just wanted to watch.
$80 for a f***ing U17 tournament? What a joke that is. Time to fire up the old streaming sites lol.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
View attachment 760805

80 CAD to watch the Under 17 non IIHF hockey Canada invitational? Yeah, no thanks. Sucks the games won’t be on YouTube

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
i was actually thinking about buying the 79 cad package, but imo its too much money, and i wont watch every game as the games are playing at night in my timezone. Im thinking about buying 2 games and then hope we reach semifinal.

Is there an possibility maybe a streaming site shows the game for free? I know a site that streams swedish games that cost decent amount of money. Maybe it can be the same here. Dunno how that works

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
i was actually thinking about buying the 79 cad package, but imo its too much money, and i wont watch every game as the games are playing at night in my timezone. Im thinking about buying 2 games and then hope we reach semifinal.

Is there an possibility maybe a streaming site shows the game for free? I know a site that streams swedish games that cost decent amount of money. Maybe it can be the same here. Dunno how that works
There is but we can’t advertise those sites on here, mods will remove them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad