U17 World Hockey Challenge

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
continuous 20 minute OT of 3 on 3...

From experience, this always ends in a mistake ending up in your net.lol
Usually a bad change, or no change and everyone is gassed. Or a rebound turns into a 2-1 the other way.

Gold medal games should not be like this. I know it will never happen, but NHL playoff OT is the right way to go.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That save was insane

oh wait..

that save was insane too!

WOW

both goalies with play of the night saves

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Congrats Canada

Awesome move to finish it.

I'm sure this will reduce the 'Canada isn't the best' posts all over HF.

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You rarely see a shot block lead to a breakaway like that.. that US player shot it off the Canuck skate and it sprung a breakaway 150 feet down the ice. That is just shit luck for the US.

3 on 3's.. always heartbreaking.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Half our team, missing Misa, you guys prep for months just for this tourney, can’t compete even with far more registered hockey players, etc.

Beating the Americans gets better every year no matter the context as certain posters become more and more desperately insistent they’re already ahead of us. Great game!

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Half our team, missing Misa, you guys prep for months just for this tourney, can’t compete even with far more registered hockey players, etc.

Beating the Americans gets better every year no matter the context as certain posters become more and more desperately insistent they’re already ahead of us. Great game!
Don't understand the gloating. 5 teams. 3 teams. 2 teams. How's that trend line looking?

Congrats to Canada. A split-squad Gold result is a huge achievement.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Don't understand the gloating. 5 teams. 3 teams. 2 teams. How's that trend line looking?

Congrats to Canada. A split-squad Gold result is a huge achievement.
Like the Americans are taking an unreasonably long time to catch up despite enjoying every imaginable structural advantage.

I forgot to add to my list that their best player had no business even being on that team, f***ing turncoat.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

The thing we have to do is maximize our talent, Hockey Canada has some work to do.

Some sacrifices have to happen and charging us to watch under 17 games isn't sacrifice.

Reactions: Dominance

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
The thing we have to do is maximize our talent, Hockey Canada has some work to do.

Some sacrifices have to happen and charging us to watch under 17 games isn't sacrifice.
It shouldn’t be run like a profit making business. Hockey is somehow simultaneously dying in some of our densest population centres and lots of more rural areas. It seems like all our top prospects come from serious money. It’s wrong but I’m afraid there won’t be any change until it’s far too late (the refusal to take any steps to recognize that we are completely incapable of producing elite goalies is a glaring precedent).

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
It shouldn’t be run like a profit making business. Hockey is somehow simultaneously dying in some of our densest population centres and lots of more rural areas. It seems like all our top prospects come from serious money. It’s wrong but I’m afraid there won’t be any change until it’s far too late (the refusal to take any steps to recognize that we are completely incapable of producing elite goalies is a glaring precedent).
Agreed, and I'm as concerned as you are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad