U.S. National Team Part VII

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Great start but it's hard to watch a game with Twellman as the commentator, he's pretty terrible.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Couldn't have asked for a better start. Defense is still quite a bit shaky, lots of space in front of the Besler/Gonzalez. Might want to bring on Cameron and put him next to Bradley.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
#10 might be the guy US Soccer has been dreaming about forever

Is he the first US superstar face of soccer? Hope so

First male superstar anyway lol

Nice of the US to actually show up tonight unlike most of the Hex. Now they just have to beat Trinidad and they're through.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I was pretty calm all week leading up the game, but today I got extremely nervous. I was pretty confident they would win, but there's always that little bit of doubt. Glad the boys answered the call.

Jozy, Wood and Arriola were all excellent today. And what more needs to be said about Pulisic?

This game reminded me a lot of the game against Honduras back in March. The team was in desperate need of a win and the team came out flying with Pulisic right in the middle of it all.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I don't understand why some people were getting worried about the US last night. A win was almost certain and even if they had lost, a win against TT would have been enough, no?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't understand why some people were getting worried about the US last night. A win was almost certain and even if they had lost, a win against TT would have been enough, no?

If they'd lost to Panama, they would have had no shot finishing any higher than 4th and having to deal with the Australia (or Syria) playoff series in a best-case. Panama would have been four points up with one match left. Couple a loss with any kind of result for Honduras in Costa Rica today and destiny would have been out of the US's hands for even the fourth playoff spot.

Either way you don't want to be in 4th or 5th with one game left, and the entire region would love to see us miss the WC if it came down to it. Thankfully a different team showed up for October than the one that seemed apathetic about the September games.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Honduras is winning in San Jose. Looks like they will have to win Tuesday. But this Costa Rica will also have to try against Panama.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So realistically all they need is a draw against T/T to clinch the automatic third spot now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad