Denmark: U-20 WC roster.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Congratulations to the whole team. Looking at goalscorers it seems like everybody contributed to our success. And the defense stepped up when it needed to. Good job guys.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
4-1 over Latvia and we are going up no matter the final result against Slovenia.

So who has been best players for the Danish team?
I would nominate Georg Sørensen....

Bjorkstrand has stood out for me.. George has been fine, just not as good as in last years U18.

Ehlers also stood out, but still Oliver has been better imo.

Uldall, Aagaard and Hertzberg have also been good imo :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Congratulations to the whole team. Looking at goalscorers it seems like everybody contributed to our success. And the defense stepped up when it needed to. Good job guys.

Yeah it's a surprisingly balanced point production from the Danes after just 4 games.

Forwards: (10 out of 12 forwards have produced)
Oliver Bjørkstrand 3G 2A
Nikolaj Ehlers 2G 3A
Mikkel Aagaard 2G 3A
Matthias Asperup 3G 1A
Mads Eller 1G 3A
Kristoffer Lauridsen 1G 3A
Lasse Korsgaard 1G 2A
Christopher Frederiksen 0G 3A
Mikkel Nielsen 2G 0A
Marcus Nielsen 0G 2A

Defenders: [4 out of 8 d-men produced, but only 1 goal]
Mads Larsen 0G 3A
Sonny Hertzberg 1G 1A
Anders Krogsgaard 0G 1A
Rasmus Lyø 0G 1A

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So after the Slovenia Game and 4-2 win Aagaard is the winner in points and assists while Asperup and Bjørkstrand in goals, but it is insanely even spread production ! Not something I had expected.

Forwards: (10 out of 12 forwards have produced)
Mikkel Aagaard 3G 5A
Matthias Asperup 4G 2A
Oliver Bjørkstrand 4G 2A
Nikolaj Ehlers 2G 4A
Mads Eller 1G 4A (winner of the penalties minutes with 44 min, unless Phillipp Lindner of Austria passes him in the last match, he has 29 min currently so he has it if he wants it).
Kristoffer Lauridsen 1G 3A
Lasse Korsgaard 1G 2A
Christopher Frederiksen 0G 3A
Marcus Nielsen 0G 3A
Mikkel Nielsen 2G 0A

Defenders: [4 out of 8 d-men produced, but only 2 goals]
Sonny Hertzberg 2G 2A
Mads Larsen 0G 3A
Anders Krogsgaard 0G 1A
Rasmus Lyø 0G 1A

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
The great thing about this team is, that the offensive core will all return again next year, barring injuries. The top 5 scorers are eligible next year as well. Defence will need a bigger revamp, with only 3 possible returnees. Though we do get Matias Lassen back from injury, hopefully he it hasn't hurt his development too much, and won't have any lasting effects on him. He would have made the team this year for sure.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
The U18-team that earned a promoting to the WJC + Oliver Bjorkstrand would be the blueprint for next years team right? That's a nice baggage to have for a group trying to do the (close to) impossible :)

Team can be found here: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?year0=2013&team=1629

Anybody care to venture a wild crap shot at who might also be in contest? Morten Jensen? Kristian Jensen? Søren Nielsen? Lasse Jul Krogsgaard?

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Morten Jensen and Kristian Jensen seem like possible candidates. Morten is the topscoring defence man for Rögles U18 team, and he has already started getting matches for their U20 team, very impressive for a 16 year old. Kristian Jensen also seem to be having a good year in Luleås U20 team.

Another possible candidate is Rasmus Thykjær Andersson. But given his young age and our depth at forward, I'd say he is a long shot.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
possible team the coming tournament?

Here is the team I posted on International Hockey Forums:

Denmark's potential U20 team for the 2015 WJC
Below I have my initial 22 players for the Danish U20 team for the 2015 WJC. I have only 2 players born in 1997 and they are both defenders. As usual the talent is not that abundant in regard to defenders, whereas the forward roster is far more difficult to break for U18 players.

Goaltender:
George Sørensen, Herning (1995-05-15, 178/75)
Thomas Lillie, SønderjyskE (1996-03-11, 180/78)

Defenders:
Sonny Hertzberg, Frölunda (SWE) (1995-04-21, 183/85)
Mads Larsen, Malmö (SWE) (1995-06-10, 178/77)
Matias Lassen, Rødovre (1996-03-15, 182/78)
Anders Krogsgaard, Esbjerg (1996-04-19, 181/71)
Jeppe Vinther, Frederikshavn (1996-11-17, 185/70)
Morten Jensen, Rögle (SWE) (1997-03-01, 180/71)
Nicolai Höjer Weichel, Malmö (SWE) (1997-11-06, 184/81)

Forwards:
Christian Kristiansen, Rögle (SWE) (1995-01-05, 186/78)
Emil Møller Rasmussen, Rødovre (1995-01-14, 180/68)
Mathias Asperup, Malmö (SWE) (1995-03-03, 178/76)
Søren Dau Mortensen, SønderjyskE (1995-03-19, 182/82)
Marcus Nielsen, Rungsted (1995-04-03, 188/84)
Oliver Bjorkstrand, Portland Winterhawks (WHL) (1995-04-10, 180/74)
Mads Eller, Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL) (1995-06-25, 184/85)
Mikkel Aagaard Hansen, Frederikshavn (1995-10-18, 184/81)
Nick Olesen, Växjö Lakers (SWE) (1995-11-14, 185/80)
Nikolaj Ehlers, Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL) (1996-02-14, 181/74)
Markus Jensen, Herning (1996-05-22, 180/79)
Thomas Olsen, Frölunda (SWE) (1996-03-08, 183/85)
Søren Nielsen, Esbjerg (1996-09-15, 180/70)

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Danmark will go up against Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic and Switzerland in Toronto. Yikes. Guess that's welcome to the big leagues.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Slovakia is better than Switzerland. This means there's a minuscule chance that we could make it out of the group stage. Not very likely. But bigger than if we had to try and beat Slovakia.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
My non-knowledgeable first thoughts:

The Swiss will have 6 returnees. One of them is their third goalie who didn't touch ice. The other five are Mirco Mueller, Baltisberger, Rathgeb(D - all in the CHL), Kevin Fiana and Jason Fuchs(Their first two centers this year). If their U18 last had done bad I'd be encourage but they did okay I seem to remember, so I don't know how to feel. They'll just find someone out of their NLA or NLB.

The Czechs has some good returnees. Zacha, Vrana, Pastrnak and a couple forwards more. Kostelek and more D. Wasn't those some of their best guys this year?

Russia's gonna Russia. Although they might also have to change their entire team. Zykov, Buchnevich, Barbashev and Zadarov possible returnees. Luckily no Nichushkin. That guy's a beast.

According to some Swedish posters they have some weaker birth years the next 2-3 years. So if that's true...Yea. But with William Nylander, André Burakovsky, Nick Sørensen(Oh those two...), Anton Karlsson, Lucas Wallmark, Jacob de la Rose they'll have a field against our D anyway.

12 months is a long time...

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
My non-knowledgeable first thoughts:

The Swiss will have 6 returnees. One of them is their third goalie who didn't touch ice. The other five are Mirco Mueller, Baltisberger, Rathgeb(D - all in the CHL), Kevin Fiana and Jason Fuchs(Their first two centers this year). If their U18 last had done bad I'd be encourage but they did okay I seem to remember, so I don't know how to feel. They'll just find someone out of their NLA or NLB.

The Czechs has some good returnees. Zacha, Vrana, Pastrnak and a couple forwards more. Kostelek and more D. Wasn't those some of their best guys this year?

Russia's gonna Russia. Although they might also have to change their entire team. Zykov, Buchnevich, Barbashev and Zadarov possible returnees. Luckily no Nichushkin. That guy's a beast.

According to some Swedish posters they have some weaker birth years the next 2-3 years. So if that's true...Yea. But with William Nylander, André Burakovsky, Nick Sørensen(Oh those two...), Anton Karlsson, Lucas Wallmark, Jacob de la Rose they'll have a field against our D anyway.

12 months is a long time...

Also a good chance Ehlers will be facing good friend and team mate Timo Meier in 2015. Meier was left out this year. Due to his young age, and SUI's bigger depth.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The U20 roster for a tournament in Canada 29-31 of August 2014 against some Canadian junior teams:

The Danish roster:

Goal:
George Sørensen (Herning)
Thomas Lillie (Växjö - SWE)

Defence:
Mads Larsen (Malmö - SWE)
Sonny Hertzberg (Oskarshamn - SWE)
Anders Krogsgaard (Esbjerg)
Daniel Nielsen (Hvidovre)
Victor Eskerod (Gentofte)
Lasse Bo Knudsen (Aalborg)
Christian Mieritz (Rødovre)
Jeppe Holmberg (Esbjerg)

Forwards:
Matthias Asperup (Malmö - SWE)
Mikkel Aagaard (Niagara - USA)
Emil Rasmussen (Rødovre)
Mads Eller (Edmonton - WHL/CAN)
Thomas Olsen (Frölunda - SWE)
Marcus Nielsen (Rungsted)
Nick Olesen (Växjö - SWE)
Søren Dau (SønderjyskE)
Casper Stockfisch (SønderjyskE)
Martin Eskildsen (SønderjyskE)
Alexander True (Seattle - WHL/USA)
Valdemar Kisum (Rungsted)
Marcus Jensen (Herning)
Christian Christiansen (Rögle - SWE)
Kristian Jensen (Luleå - SWE)

They will play Lloydminster Bobcats, Camrose Kodiaks & Bonnyville Pontiacs.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Denmark won the first game against teams from Alberta jr league. 3-2 With goals from eller X2 and Aagaard .

U18 team beat France 4-3 2 days ago after ot.
Lost 5-3 to same team yesterday even though Denmark won the shots 59-15

According to Damgaard France were outplayed in both games only to have a stellar goalie

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Denmark won the first game against teams from Alberta jr league. 3-2 With goals from eller X2 and Aagaard .

U18 team beat France 4-3 2 days ago after ot.
Lost 5-3 to same team yesterday even though Denmark won the shots 59-15

According to Damgaard France were outplayed in both games only to have a stellar goalie

Shots 59-15, yet losing 3-5 :help: [seems like a huge difference in goalkeeping and defensive help to the goalie]. The first match was won 4-3 in OT, though overwhelming danish dominance.

The third U-18 match vs France was the one where Denmark didn't dominate as much as the two first, yet they suddenly won 6-1.

The U-20 OT win over Lloydminster Bobcats resulted in Mads Eller apparently left the match injured (after scoring the first two goals of the match).

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Shots 59-15, yet losing 3-5 :help: [seems like a huge difference in goalkeeping and defensive help to the goalie]. The first match was won 4-3 in OT, though overwhelming danish dominance.

The third U-18 match vs France was the one where Denmark didn't dominate as much as the two first, yet they suddenly won 6-1.

The U-20 OT win over Lloydminster Bobcats resulted in Mads Eller apparently left the match injured (after scoring the first two goals of the match).

Hopefully not serious. He'd be in a good position to impress at the Traverse City prospect tournament. Dallas has Remi Elie and Cole Ully in front of him - both top 6 guys - but the rest of the wingers listed at Ellers position are not impressive.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Denmark won Their second game 7-2, not sure against who. A hattrick from Hertzberg.

I remember when Denmark would loose big against canadian jr teams. This is promising.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Denmark won Their second game 7-2, not sure against who. A hattrick from Hertzberg.

I remember when Denmark would loose big against canadian jr teams. This is promising.

It was 7-2 over Bonnyville Pontiacs.

Danish goalscorers:
Sonny Hertzberg 3
Mathias Asperup 2
Anders Krogsgaard 1
Emil Møller Rasmussen 1
[don't know if Mads Eller played]

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010

Not to burst the bubble. But the teams they are playing this year are Jr. A teams, while in previous years it has been Major Junior teams from the CHL. So you can't really compare results from this year against results from seasons past.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Not to burst the bubble. But the teams they are playing this year are Jr. A teams, while in previous years it has been Major Junior teams from the CHL. So you can't really compare results from this year against results from seasons past.

No please do:) the truth is always better.

Anywho Denmark lost the last game 3-0 despite being dominant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad