GDT: U-18 WJC Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Still goalless between Russia and Canada. Stream is rather choppy, considering there's 2000 less viewers than fro the earlier game.

Mine pauses every 4 seconds. Impossible to watch.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Dumba for Canada. 1-0 lead. 5 straight games with a goal for him now.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Very dangerous hit, he would have hit him hard in the head if the russian had not fallen.

Even the earlier penalty the russian is scared and starts falling before the hit , what a wimp! Take it like a man sheesh :laugh: Clean hit , watch most of the russian kids all with their head down going up the middle Dumba is going to rip apart some of these kids next year at the World Juniors can't wait hahaha

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Nice to see Kirby Rychel continuing his fine play has scored the last 2 goals for Team Canada,as they lead 3-1 going to the 3rd period

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Really impressed with Kerby Rychel. Kid is a legit top 15 talent for 2013.

Fulcrum

Credit to Canada and especially Murray, but I have to rant about Russia.
This is the Stupidest russian team that I've seen in the last decade. Between the corruption and the horrible coaching, what a waste of talent. Absolutely no team play, its the stupidest run and gun team. What a huge difference from last year, absolutely no combination play. This coach and the whole administration staff should be fired and fined for this embarassment.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Credit to Canada and especially Murray, but I have to rant about Russia.
This is the Stupidest russian team that I've seen in the last decade. Between the corruption and the horrible coaching, what a waste of talent. Absolutely no team play, its the stupidest run and gun team. What a huge difference from last year, absolutely no combination play. This coach and the whole administration staff should be fired and fined for this embarassment.

I echo your sentiments. All credit to Canada, but this was not a Russian team that belonged among the top 4 of this tournament. Parfenov certainly did a miserable job, but I think this kind of tournament throws kids together on short notice, so there isn't much time for good or bad coaching to have an effect as in league play. This team seemed slower than I've seen in recent times, and there were no leaders who were capable of leading by example, like Yakupov-Kucherov-Grigorenko last year. Although they didn't produce much, I was impressed with Nichushkin and Yakimov, and nobody else. Vasilevski was a big disappointment in my mind.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
I was impressed with Nichushkin and Yakimov, and nobody else. Vasilevski was a big disappointment in my mind.

What do you think about Nikita Zadorov? ... it's not often you see an underage on the backend being brought and the kid looked good. Especially with his size at 6'4 and skating, he was on for special teams play as well so it's not like they stuck him to the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad