GDT: U-18 WJC Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
what a laughable effort today. too angry to write anything more about this game. it's not worth any reaction anyway, total joke.

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
This team has a chance against sweden. It is slim but I think they could pull an upset........:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
what a laughable effort today. too angry to write anything more about this game. it's not worth any reaction anyway, total joke.
I believe that class-wise there's no real difference between Swiss and Czech teams this year. Yes, Swiss results have been terrible ( I can't imagine how they could lose 2-6 to Germany) but they're a good team and proved it today. I think they were somehow crushed psychologically after their loss to us and Germany's win over Russia cause then they knew that their dream of top 6 is over and they can do nothing about it except if they manage to beat one of the top guns....

Czechs probably went into the game thinking that the fact that Swiss lost to Germany and Latvia indicates that it's a bad team while it should indicate the contrary, that Latvia and maybe Germany (though they're not that good actually and it's a shame they're in play-offs) were much better teams this year. Swiss isn't worse than in previous years, just as I believe after their own loss in the first game vs us and then Germany's win vs Russia they could do 0 (well, except for winning Russia or Sweden themselves) to get to the top 6... even if they won Germany they were still out....

Last edited:

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
With healthy Barkov quite easily but now its going to be tough match.
one player has never decided anything (well except a few goalies, Gretzky and Lemieux maybe but Barkov isn't that kind of calibre, just a very selfish hockey player at the moment), he still has a long way to go, juging by what I've seen here, to be a great player. Not skills wise but you can't play like he does here. The same for Bjorkstrand on Danish side though in that case at least there's an excuse as they don't have much players who could support him on Danish side...

But you can win Sweden, I'm sure. You and Americans at the moment probably the only two teams that have a shot at that.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
On paper IMO the difference isn't very big... Sweden always plays above their "on paper" level though, so idk. Finland definately has a chance, people are definately overrating Sweden and underrating Finland if they think this is a shure one for Sweden.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
one player has never decided anything (well except a few goalies, Gretzky and Lemieux maybe but Barkov isn't that kind of calibre, just a very selfish hockey player at the moment), he still has a long way to go, juging by what I've seen here, to be a great player. Not skills wise but you can't play like he does here. The same for Bjorkstrand on Danish side though in that case at least there's an excuse as they don't have much players who could support him on Danish side...

But you can win Sweden, I'm sure. You and Americans at the moment probably the only two teams that have a shot at that.

One player can make very very big difference in u18 wc. Individual skill level plays much larger difference here than in men's WC.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
With healthy Barkov quite easily but now its going to be tough match.

Barkov is healthy, he's just not playing up to his level. My guess is that the reason is a combination of getting back from mono and not being 100%, lack of confidence due to not playing and not being at a 100%, and not gelling with linemates. I wouldn't say it would be "easy" even with 3 healthy Barkov's on the team...

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I believe that class-wise there's no real difference between Swiss and Czech teams this year. Yes, Swiss results have been terrible ( I can't imagine how they could lose 2-6 to Germany) but they're a good team and proved it today. I think they were somehow crushed psychologically after their loss to us and Germany's win over Russia cause then they knew that their dream of top 6 is over and they can do nothing about it except if they manage to beat one of the top guns....

Czechs probably went into the game thinking that the fact that Swiss lost to Germany and Latvia indicates that it's a bad team while it should indicate the contrary, that Latvia and maybe Germany (though they're not that good actually and it's a shame they're in play-offs) were much better teams this year. Swiss isn't worse than in previous years, just as I believe after their own loss in the first game vs us and then Germany's win vs Russia they could do 0 (well, except for winning Russia or Sweden themselves) to get to the top 6... even if they won Germany they were still out....

I never meant to evaluate the Swiss, just my team. If they tried and lost, I have no problem, but this was a disgrace. You know something is wrong when they play even almost 2 minutes of 5/3 like crap. I saw them in all 4 games, so I think I can tell that.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
On paper IMO the difference isn't very big... Sweden always plays above their "on paper" level though, so idk. Finland definately has a chance, people are definately overrating Sweden and underrating Finland if they think this is a shure one for Sweden.

Sweden has won all matches against this age group this season so they are the favorites. Swedes have bigger dmen so the midgets are going to have much tougher time.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

No sure ones in this age group, they're still kids. This is much closer than the U20 matchup and that one ended with penalty shots.

If I had to guess the odds they will be 47% Sweden 20% Draw 33% Finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00