GDT: U-18 WJC Day 11 Bronze medal game and final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
Well, I'll be gouging my eyes out with a rusty spoon unless the world ends within 20 minutes.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Bystrom's not exactly helping his draft position this game. I think it's case closed in the Lindholm - Bystrom comparison.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Bystrom's not exactly helping his draft position this game. I think it's case closed in the Lindholm - Bystrom comparison.

Was there really ever any doubts though? I've always thought Bryström was a liability. At least in the handful of games i've watched him. He mixes fantastic preformances with emberrasing showings.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Was there really ever any doubts though? I've always thought Bryström was a liability. At least in the handful of games i've watched him. He mixes fantastic preformances with emberrasing showings.

Imo, no not really. But in various draft rankings they've been ranked about equally all season, Bystrom even ahead at times. Offensively they're probably pretty close, defensively it's not close.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
What are the Swedish posters opinion on the US D? ...Even though it is a game of mistakes everyone has to admit it's very tough to penetrate in the prime scoring areas with Jones on one pairing and Trouba on the other.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
What are the Swedish posters opinion on the US D? ...Even though it is a game of mistakes everyone has to admit it's very tough to penetrate in the prime scoring areas with Jones on one pairing and Trouba on the other.

Very impressed with Jones. He comes as advertised, seems to do everything at a high level. Trouba is impressive as well. As a unit their defense has been pretty much rock solid.

and there Sweden screws up a prime scoring chance.. :/

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon

They are fantastic. And their confidence in their own zone only goes up by having a solid goalie. Swedens chance this game was pumping a lot of shots on net and then going for the rebounds. There has been way to little of that. The US defence is way to tight to let players just walk in to the slot.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
You think Jones will have a shot at any upcoming World Championships before his draft? I'm sure he'd be capable of performing next season at the Worlds.

No. Well, he shouldn't. Granted, USA Hockey has a notoriously difficult time getting players of note to care about the World Championships but in next year's tournament that shouldn't be as big of an issue. Last big chance for a lot of guys to internationally audition for the 2014 Olympic Team and I think participation will be as strong as it was prior to the 2010 Olympics.

That said, if Jones keeps progressing as he has, I'm sure he'd be capable of playing in the tournament but I'm not sure that's ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad