Player Discussion Tyler Ennis Signs for one-year ($900,000) contract.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Ennis is a better NHL player than Balcers, and I’d rather an open roster spot over Duclair at this point.

Sanford was a tit for tat swap for Brown, not a Duclair replacement. I’d rather see if he can show up for more than half the season, since we already know that Duclair only has a half season in him.

Oct 10, 2010
Ennis is a better NHL player than Balcers, and I’d rather an open roster spot over Duclair at this point.

Sanford was a tit for tat swap for Brown, not a Duclair replacement. I’d rather see if he can show up for more than half the season, since we already know that Duclair only has a half season in him.
I’d rather actually try and upgrade these players eventually they all aren’t good enough regardless.

Talking about whose better between Ennis, Duclair, Brown, Balcers and Stanford is depressing haha

Core deserves so much better truthfully.

Reactions: Cosmix and Ice-Tray

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

LOL, no he's not. One is going to be playing in the top 6 and the other had to go through PTO to even get a contract.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
LOL, no he's not. One is going to be playing in the top 6 and the other had to go through PTO to even get a contract.

Lol, yeah he is.

Just because SJS sucks and are hoping for Balcers to amount to something doesn’t make him better than Ennis.

But I mean peeps in here will hold on to these guys right until they are out of the NHL still claiming to be right.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Lol, yeah he is.

Just because SJS sucks and are hoping for Balcers to amount to something doesn’t make him better than Ennis.

But I mean peeps in here will hold on to these guys right until they are out of the NHL still claiming to be right.

AT this point I think the two players are about toss up (I'd bet Balcers has a better year this year), but come on man! Arguing that people will hold on to players until they are out of the league while arguing in favour of Tyler Ennis (a PTO with a basement dweller away from being out of the league)? Surely you can see the irony in this.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Lol, yeah he is.

Oh ok, I mean you didn't have much cache here in terms of valid opinions but you thinking Ennis, at this point in their careers, is a better NHL player than Balcers pretty much eradicates what was left. But you do you.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
AT this point I think the two players are about toss up (I'd bet Balcers has a better year this year), but come on man! Arguing that people will hold on to players until they are out of the league while arguing in favour of Tyler Ennis (a PTO with a basement dweller away from being out of the league)? Surely you can see the irony in this.

Well, I don’t really see any irony. Ennis was a good player for us a couple of years ago, Balcers has never been an NHL player for us and never played up to the level of Ennis for us.

I’m content to be happy with what I have seen in the past, and a continuation of it in camp and pre season with Ennis to say that he is a better NHL player than Balcers ever was for us.

Perhaps he picks it up, or perhaps he ends up like virtually all of the other cast off prospects of ours that simply didn’t end up being NHL players.

I could he wrong in the end, fair enough, but I like my chances in that Ennis provides us more right now than Balcers ever did, or would.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Oh ok, I mean you didn't have much cache here in terms of valid opinions but you thinking Ennis, at this point in their careers, is a better NHL player than Balcers pretty much eradicates what was left. But you do you.

Dude, most people who post in here don’t give a rats ass what anonymous you, or anyone else thinks about their opinions. It’s a message board, I’m not trying to build a rep.

I’m am a grown ass man however, and you’re a series of letters on a screen. Trust me, I hold your opinions in the same regard as you hold mine.

It’s all good dude, play on.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lol, yeah he is.

I mean, Balcers doubled Ennis' production last year... Does that maybe suggest he's a better player than Ennis? It's not like Ennis is a renown defensive stalwart

Reactions: God Says No

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Dude, most people who post in here don’t give a rats ass what anonymous you, or anyone else thinks about their opinions. It’s a message board, I’m not trying to build a rep.

I’m am a grown ass man however, and you’re a series of letters on a screen. Trust me, I hold your opinions in the same regard as you hold mine.

Cool, cool. I'm gonna bookmark this as well to remind you about Balcers vs. Ennis at end of year. My bookmark folder is getting full...

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
BTW, forgot to mention that I like this signing. We need some skill and Ennis can still bring some although he's a shell from his BUF days.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Hey, you made the GSN's bookmark folder too, welcome. :thumbu:

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Cool, cool. I'm gonna bookmark this as well to remind you about Balcers vs. Ennis at end of year. My bookmark folder is getting full...

I don’t mind that at all, for real. I don’t have the interest in following Balcers but by all means if he becomes a good NHLer I don’t mind admitting being wrong.

Reactions: God Says No

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I believe that's with 8 d and 12f. Add another forward at league minimum and we're over by a bit.

FYOUS starts this year right? Lol

Precisely. We have successfully reached the cap floor. Plan the parade!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad