Player Discussion Tyler Ennis Signs for one-year ($900,000) contract.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
So now we can reach the floor just by calling an AHL guy up and be F13... right?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Weird, I expected him to get 1.2M as this leaves us about 250k below the cap
We'll likely keep 23 on the roster, possibly Brannstrom if they want to keep 8 D.

Though with the guys we have in the bottom 6, may need to recycle through forwards throughout the start of the year

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I don't mind this at all. You know exactly what you get with Ennis. He'll be a good influence on the younger players as well.

Oct 10, 2010
At some point, we gotta do better than Ennis, MDZ and Holden etc we are going to be terrible again and I’m getting a little sick of it not saying break the bank but the veteran depth players need to be able to contribute more.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
With all the injuries we can put guys on IR, have their cap hits still count and add a replacement player to the roster adding their cap hit. There's little fear we come short of the cap at this point

Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
At some point, we gotta do better than Ennis, MDZ and Holden etc we are going to be terrible again and I’m getting a little sick of it not saying break the bank but the veteran depth players need to be able to contribute more.

I think they will do better as they did in the past when it's clear they are in the playoffs & they become buyers at the TDL rathrer than sellers.

Right now or leading up to this point has been all about stocking the cupboards with young players & trying to see who fits where & they are still in that phase IMO. Once that is settled & the team begins to challenge for a playoff spot I think they look to add the missing pieces.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

We'll just need to carry one more dead corpse AHLer

A 23/23 roster will allow us to reach the cap floor. I was getting nervous that we wouldn't achieve it in time but we did, fantastic job from everybody involved!

Edit : also thank you Colin for sacrificing your body for Eugene!

Last edited:

Emerica

May 29, 2010
We'll just need to carry one more dead corpse AHLer!

A 23/23 roster will allow us to reach the cap floor. I was not sure we could achieve it but we did, fantastic job from everybody involved

oscars-standing-ovation.gif

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We'll likely keep 23 on the roster, possibly Brannstrom if they want to keep 8 D.

Though with the guys we have in the bottom 6, may need to recycle through forwards throughout the start of the year

Does Crookshank being injured in training camp count against the cap?

Not sure how long Bishop is out for.. both those guys could possibly be on the IR to start the year.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We did it!!!!!!

Yes and we seriously take things for granted. I mean, 900 000$ is a lot of money. I'd never spend basically all I have and then some to watch Tyler Ennis don the Sens jersey for 82 games (not even guaranteed!)

Thank you Mr. Melnyk, we are too spoiled.

Does Crookshank being injured in training camp count against the cap?

Not sure how long Bishop is out for.. both those guys could possibly be on the IR to start the year.

Luck has definitely been on our side

Even Bobby's buyout still helps

Reactions: Matsens15

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The only nit pick I have with your line up is I prefer Ennis to Balcers. But otherwise that's a pretty good looking forward group.

For 900 K$, easy to afford and fit. There's always an injury or two anyway, so you need 13 forwards

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Pinto-Duclair
Formenton-Paul-Brown
Balcers-White-Ennis
Watson

All these lines are pretty good 2-way lines except the Pinto line but you manage their shifts, shelter them if you want. You can match up the 1st and 3rd line against almost anybody

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad