Injury Report: Tyler Bertuzzi out 4-6 weeks (upper body)

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
One tiny ray of light on the bright side, this should make his contract negotiation a bit easier. Tough to ask for top dollar when you’ve missed significant games three years in a row

Reactions: saska sault

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP

So much for day to day. This sucks.

One tiny ray of light on the bright side, this should make his contract negotiation a bit easier. Tough to ask for top dollar when you’ve missed significant games three years in a row
Probably means a short term contract wherever he signs. I don't see any team signing max term at this point.

He might get more money than you expect if he goes on a tear after returning.

In any case, we'll get to see what this team will look like if Stevie doesn't re-sign Bert.

Last edited:
Reactions: Preposterone

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I don't think it really does. It's not the sort of injury that causes long term issues, and he should get back in plenty of time to find his game and play however he's going to play. That said, I also know that if he doesn't play well when he comes back those who really back him will lean on the injury as why, and not that maybe he's just regressing to his mean.

Not as worried about long term effects of the injury, just bad timing and combined with missing games over certain protocols the last few years.. Alot of missed time for someone who may be up for a long term contract. I hope Bert sticks around, but availability is a huge thing. Unfortunate injury regardless, hes a big part of the team.

Reactions: stillwater

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I just hope the Wings play well while he is out. That's best case scenario. Because then any decision you make about Bertuzzi's future is just about Bertuzzi.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I am a hockey player! You want me to play with one hand, huh!? I'll play with one hand! Get off me! Does that make you happy?
I'll clean up.

(ehhhh, I don't like the sound of that after you mentioned "playing with one hand"... I don't think I like this quote game anymore)

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Keeps his numbers low if we are signing him. But keeps his return low if we are trading.
His injuries is why I don’t want a long term deal for him.

He’s never had a healthy season and it’s not about to get better with age

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
i figured that. i was really hoping the commentator was wrong when he said he blocked the shot with his arm/hand but replay showed it was. add that info with how fast he got off the ice and hes got a fracture or break of some kind.

usually id be really pissed off especially after only 2 games in, but this season im ok right now. the addition of perron kubs copp and the surprising soderbolm def soften the blow.. could be a good opportunity for quite a few guys. thats it though. no more injuries!

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
He doesn't get to return until he can pass the Adam Banks wrist check protocol.
If I don’t get a gif of Tyler Bertuzzi trying to come back early and forlornly throwing down the stick when he can’t rotate his wrist, I will be very disappointed

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If I don’t get a gif of Tyler Bertuzzi trying to come back early and forlornly throwing down the stick when he can’t rotate his wrist, I will be very disappointed

Rumour has it, he is already trying to turn the stick with his wrist.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Upper body.... uuuuh OK. Love the generalized hide the injury even through there are 8 angles of his hand getting blasted by a slap shot. Could be a shoulder. hahahaha

Reactions: Frk It

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad