GDT: 'Twa Senators at Berta Flames - 9PM - TSN5/RDS - Losing Streak Flames Out in Must Win Edition

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The worst part is that Dorion seemed to honestly believe he was doing a good job.

Incompetent and blind.
Even more embarrassing is people online who will feverishly wave the pompoms for a man who was and I am assuming is still obviously very stupid

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Might just go ahead and skip the next one, what a disappointment.

This is going to take a concerted effort in the off season. They had better get the best coaching staff available, and have the best scouting staff available.
Staios was right in one respect: there is a lot of work to do.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
It's bizarre, wasn't character one of the things they emphasized during this rebuild? And wasn't it only like 3 years ago that we had a reputation as a hard working team that played tenacious and hustled hard? What the hell happened? Did all the big contracts kill all our players motivation to show up every game?
Back then we had Connor Brown, Nick Paul and Alex Formenton in the line-up. All 3 played really well on the PK and played 200-ft game. They compensated for a weak defence with their speed and hockey IQ. Mathieu Joseph is the only replacement for those 3 players. PK this year has been a killer.

Reactions: DueDiligence

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Back then we had Connor Brown, Nick Paul and Alex Formenton in the line-up. All 3 played really well on the PK and played 200-ft game. They compensated for a weak defence with their speed and hockey IQ. Mathieu Joseph is the only replacement for those 3 players. PK this year has been a killer.
Kelly has been good on the PK.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Seriously? Carrying the puck yes. Passing it's even. Shooting no chance. Playing defense both below average although I give a slight nod to Chychrun.

Go watch the tape of last game and multiple others. Last game he was directly responsible for 2 goals and indirectly for another (the one where he blocked the shot and got an unlucky bounce).

Chych has a way better shot but he’s been putrid defensively for a while now.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
What has happened to this team is astonishing. I thought they were just underperforming. I figured they would start to find their A games. But they look totally lost. They turn the puck over so easily and it always ends up in their net. They are bad.. bad like the Sharks, Ducks and Bluejackets. I am wondering if those three teams are the only teams we have a chance of beating from now on. This is really depressing.
Don't forget Chicago. We will be playing the Sharks on Saturday so we don't have long to wait to see if we can beat them. Wouldn't surprise me if we don't beat any of them.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020

Attachments

• IMG_1539.jpeg
    IMG_1539.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 2

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
That's exactly what the need is. Players who can play a complete game and are willing to play a complete game on both sides of the puck. The issues plaguing this team are having too many players that want to cheat the game and not willing to defend or make the plays necessary to keep the puck out of the net. It's been that way for a long time. I'm hoping some of the young players are willing to change but the bad habits might be engrained so deep at this point that we have to move some of them. The sad part is it's the skilled players and the core players that seem to be struggling the most with changing the way they play.

It all goes hand in hand. If you play the right way on defense it opens up the game offensively for you and you can take more chances and use your skill to score more goals. But what you're seeing is players make the same mistakes over and over. If there's no play, there's no play. Don't force it and routintely that's what they are doing. Other teams are also exposing the fact that there are players on this team that don't want to provide the support necessary to win puck battles or they're just in the wrong spot thinking offense and hoping the puck comes to them. You have to earn puck possession. Until there's a mindset change this isn't going to get any better and at this point the rest of the year is an evaluation to see who is willing to buy in. Because if someone doesn't buy in they clearly don't want to be part of a winning team.
We also have too many shooters, not enough playmakers. Too many soft players who can't win puck battles. Too many LD, too many passengers. Roster construction is a huge concern.

Reactions: Alex1234

Game 7 Meltdown

Sep 24, 2019
Bad mix of good players

1993 MTL and 2018 STL were excellent mix of not so good players

Florida gets destroyed by Tampa in Playoffs after supperb season
They trade 115 pts forward and top 2 D for 1 player and they now unbeatable

Its like trading Chabot and Stu for Rantanen let’s say

Chemistry is everything (see 2017 Sens run)
Yes, Florida is better than the Sens, but unbeatable? After Matthew's cross-checking above the shoulders routine didn't faze the Knights, the Cats piddled on the carpet and coughed up a hairball.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
IMO Tarasenko is part of the solution, and we should try to resign him. He's a player who plays the right way, and he tries. He should get Norris's PP time. (And swap 6 for 72 on PP point for BIG SHOT!!!)
I agree. SS says he wants to get some veterans in so why wouldn't he try to re-sign Tarasenko?

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Yes, Florida is better than the Sens, but unbeatable? After Matthew's cross-checking above the shoulders routine didn't faze the Knights, the Cats piddled on the carpet and coughed up a hairball.
All the team are beatable but I meant compared to the Sens lol

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Go watch the tape of last game and multiple others. Last game he was directly responsible for 2 goals and indirectly for another (the one where he blocked the shot and got an unlucky bounce).

Chych has a way better shot but he’s been putrid defensively for a while now.
Wow he had a bad game last night but overall he has played OK. But when has Chabot played great or even really well? A couple of games this year? He is averaging the least minutes per game in his last seasons but I see no improvement in his game. He is poor defensively, not physical and although he is a very good puck handler his decision making is slow for a guy making $8 million per. And no goals in 14 games. He is an overall slightly above average Dman but not a game changer. And certainly not a top calibre Dman.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I agree. SS says he wants to get some veterans in so why wouldn't he try to re-sign Tarasenko?
Tarasenko's best before date is rapidly approaching. Better to stay clear of him and replace him with a Joseph type winger who offers speed and some jam.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Compare their stats. What do the stats say?
Just this season? Over their careers Chabot's still slightly ahead, even if you break it down any way you'd like.

Some interesting stats I found:
Chychrun has 26 more GP, but Chabot has played 594 more minutes.
Chabot Pts/min: 0.0249
Chychrun Pts/min: 0.0225
They both have the exact same Pts/min on the PP: 0.0619

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Wow he had a bad game last night but overall he has played OK. But when has Chabot played great or even really well? A couple of games this year? He is averaging the least minutes per game in his last seasons but I see no improvement in his game. He is poor defensively, not physical and although he is a very good puck handler his decision making is slow for a guy making $8 million per. And no goals in 14 games. He is an overall slightly above average Dman but not a game changer. And certainly not a top calibre Dman.

Saying that Chabot is a slightly above average D says enough about how much stock I should put into your opinion. Let’s agree to disagree on this one, mate.

Just this season? Over their careers Chabot's still slightly ahead, even if you break it down any way you'd like.

Some interesting stats I found:
Chychrun has 26 more GP, but Chabot has played 594 more minutes.
Chabot Pts/min: 0.0249
Chychrun Pts/min: 0.0225
They both have the exact same Pts/min on the PP: 0.0619

Classic recency bias. Chychrun is producing more offensively so he’s obviously better even though he’s a train wreck defensively in the past 10-15 games

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Saying that Chabot is a slightly above average D says enough about how much stock I should put into your opinion. Let’s agree to disagree on this one, mate.
OK so tell me what Chabot does that makes him a great Dman. List all the things he is top 10 in the league in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad