Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Would Buffalo consider trading Tuch ???

Tuch to Oilers would be great.

Tuch would be great on the 2nd line - RW

Would Buffalo trade him ?
If so, what would they want back ??
They gave up Eichel for him so I guess mcdavid would need to be coming back.

Tuch is a local kid, grew up a sabres fan, Not seeing buffalo trading hi for picks/spare parts.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
don’t think that is close to what Sabres would want or need - he is from here, only player of his type on our team and a 1st line caliber on a good < 5 deal. Unless it’s way over his value or he’s in a package for a super elite player - it’s a no go.

You may also want to redefine what a blue chip is - by your definition the Sabres have like 4 blue chips already in our org not on our team + benson. That gauthier/drysdale trade is 2 players way above Lekkerimaki
As a fan of neither team I think Lekkermaki is better then Gauthier

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

This will go over as well as your Rasmus Andersson, and Arber Xhekaj proposals

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
1707489647896.png

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
His numbers might be down a tad, but there's no reason for Buffalo to trade him imo. Not seeing how it's possible he'd be available.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
All EDM can offer is mediocre prospects and lower draft picks... I mean, BUF is swimming in prospects. what they need is players, NOW, who will help them win either now, or next year.

I mean, if you offer a solid top 4 RHD who isn't overpaid, they might listen.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
All EDM can offer is mediocre prospects and lower draft picks... I mean, BUF is swimming in prospects. what they need is players, NOW, who will help them win either now, or next year.

I mean, if you offer a solid top 4 RHD who isn't overpaid, they might listen.
Cody Ceci is your man! Plays top pairing but better situated on the 2nd. Also, plays top pair on a top ranked PK unit
1000017213.gif

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Good player, wants to be there, has term, over produces for his contract. No one is untouchable, but that's a lot of reasons not to trade a player. This could have gone a lot quicker if it started with proposals. Secondary futures aren't going to cut it and I doubt Edmonton would be offering anything else.

No one is giving away players until the trade deadline of their pending UFA years and it's 15 minutes to the deadline.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Listen man, you need a kidney? Call me. Co-sign a loan? Bro, I will consider. But asking for Tuch is too much, man, no deal, and I’m even reconsidering that kidney thing now.

Reactions: Chainshot and Viqsi

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Friedman was on HNIC and said Buffalo looking to improve now. Wonder who Sabres willing to move? What they looking for?
They would do hockey trades, not trades for pure picks.

this summer Mittlestadt and Jokiharju are RFAs 1 yr to UFA. Krebs is Ending his ELC.

big needs are…

mid pair defense first RD 25 or younger
winger with size/ physical who is young.

they need to be careful because they can be near cap in 25/26 and 26/27

Reactions: Scintillating10

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Vancouver fan here. Seeing what Cutter Gauthier got in a trade as a blue-chip prospect (Drysdale + 2nd), if our offer included WJC MVP Lekkerimaki for him would you guys take it? Players of Tuch's profile are one of the few guys I'd be willing to trade a blue-chip ELC prospect for, at most probably JL and a 1st.
Buffalo is the last team defends man but Guhle and a 1st could be a pretty good package.

Value aside, Buffalo doesn't need futures. We are bursting at the seams with futures. IF Tuch were to be moved it would be as part of a larger package to land a really big fish, it would not be for futures.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Friedman was on HNIC and said Buffalo looking to improve now. Wonder who Sabres willing to move? What they looking for?

All the GMs and Fans of losing teams state this but in reality they are hooked on trying to win trades.

The Sabres have failed to make the playoffs for 12 straight years.

Poor team construction can be addressed but not if all your players are close to 'untouchable'.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
All the GMs and Fans of losing teams state this but in reality they are hooked on trying to win trades.

The Sabres have failed to make the playoffs for 12 straight years.

Poor team construction can be addressed but not if all your players are close to 'untouchable'.

Funny how HF wants us to “fix” our team construction issues by trading players we don’t have enough of to their favorite team for crap we’re busting at the seams with. Very helpful stuff.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Funny how HF wants us to “fix” our team construction issues by trading players we don’t have enough of to their favorite team for crap we’re busting at the seams with. Very helpful stuff.
They keep doing the same for us as well. It's so nice to have so many folks looking out for one's best interests, no? :)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

I'm not a Sabres fan, but my wife's entire family is. If I was the Sabres, there are only two Oilers I would consider trading Tuch for and there is zero chance the Oilers would trade those two. To be clear, I'm not suggesting Tuch is worth either of those two players, I'm only saying that there's nothing else that I'd trade Tuch for.

So the answer to your first question is very, very unlikely.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad