Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Would Buffalo consider trading Tuch ???

Tuch to Oilers would be great.

Tuch would be great on the 2nd line - RW

Would Buffalo trade him ?
If so, what would they want back ??

Would Buffalo trade Tuch? I mean.......he's probably not "untouchable", but he's as close to it as you're gonna get. A legit top line winger who can play physical and put up 0.75 PPG with a lot of speed to his game? And is good on the PK? At his salary?

What would Buffalo want back? There are 2 names on Edmonton's roster that Buffalo would take back for him (obviously Tuch would be part of a larger package in this case). Neither of those players on the Oilers are available. Put simply: If Buffalo trades Tuch....Tuch isn't the best NHL player in the deal.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Kinda like Giroux in Ottawa, while it "makes sense" with where Buffalo is in the standings, I just don't see them considering a move with Tuch. Nor do I think he would want to move, I'm sure he's happy to be a quick drive away from Syracuse and Buffalo still has a great future if they add the right vets.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I can't imagine he is available but if he were he would return a haul of "valueable" pieces that may or may not end up actually being better than Alex Tuch, and since Buffalo needs to start winning like yesterday, I can't imagine they are trading Tuch unless his camp has expressed that they are unhappy with the current situation.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
While Buffalo should have zero doors closed.... Trading Tuch is probably just about the last thing they're interested in doing. He's great, he's on a great contract and he grew up a Sabres fan - exactly who they want moving forward. Get ready to pay WAY more than reasonable market value. Not happening.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I can't imagine he is available but if he were he would return a haul of "valueable" pieces that may or may not end up actually being better than Alex Tuch, and since Buffalo needs to start winning like yesterday, I can't imagine they are trading Tuch unless his camp has expressed that they are unhappy with the current situation.

Tuch loves Buffalo and the Sabres. It's his hometown and his childhood team. I'd wager this city is probably the last stop in his NHL career.

Reactions: Chainshot

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Monahan received a 1st, I'm pretty sure that Tuch's price would be out of range for every team, unless they're ready to go balls to the walls/absolutly all-in and ready to sacrifice a couple of years in the future for short term/mid term gains

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Vancouver fan here. Seeing what Cutter Gauthier got in a trade as a blue-chip prospect (Drysdale + 2nd), if our offer included WJC MVP Lekkerimaki for him would you guys take it? Players of Tuch's profile are one of the few guys I'd be willing to trade a blue-chip ELC prospect for, at most probably JL and a 1st.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Would Buffalo consider trading Tuch ???

Tuch to Oilers would be great.

Tuch would be great on the 2nd line - RW

Would Buffalo trade him ?
If so, what would they want back ??
Gretzky got traded so anyone could be. So sure Tuch could be available to the Oilers. Especially when the Oilers have players like Drai, and McD to offer. 😂

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Vancouver fan here. Seeing what Cutter Gauthier got in a trade as a blue-chip prospect (Drysdale + 2nd), if our offer included WJC MVP Lekkerimaki for him would you guys take it? Players of Tuch's profile are one of the few guys I'd be willing to trade a blue-chip ELC prospect for, at most probably JL and a 1st.
don’t think that is close to what Sabres would want or need - he is from here, only player of his type on our team and a 1st line caliber on a good < 5 deal. Unless it’s way over his value or he’s in a package for a super elite player - it’s a no go.

You may also want to redefine what a blue chip is - by your definition the Sabres have like 4 blue chips already in our org not on our team + benson. That gauthier/drysdale trade is 2 players way above Lekkerimaki

don’t think that is close to what Sabres would want or need - he is from here, only player of his type on our team and a 1st line caliber on a good < 5 deal. Unless it’s way over his value or he’s in a package for a super elite player - it’s a no go.

You may also want to redefine what a blue chip is - by your definition the Sabres have like 4 blue chips already in our org not on our team + benson. That gauthier/drysdale trade is 2 players way above Lekkerimaki. Plus ostlund was just as good if not better than him and plays center

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Tuch is highly unlikely to be available, for all the reasons stated above

If he was to be traded it certainly wouldn't be for yet more prospects and picks. The Sabres have plenty of each. We need more experienced players like Tuch, not fewer. Which is another reason he probably isn't available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad