Injury Report: Tua Tagovailoa injuries and overall handling of the situation

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Might as well start a thread on what is surely going to an explosive situation that will generate tons of discussion.

Let's all hope Tua can recover to live a normal life. All we know is he's at the hopsital with head and neck injuries.

The union has reacted. This is only the beginning.

Reactions: PhillyWings

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
WHAT?

They are putting him on a flight tonight
Aren’t you not suppose to travel after a concussion, and that one looked serious

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
They dressed a 3rd QB too when they never did the previous games. They knew there was a risk playing him.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It's like the entire situation has been handled by this guy.

sddefault.jpg

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
All nfl players should watch the clip of Nate Burleson from Tim and Sid when he told them that after he retired he got a complete checkup from an independent doctor. He was shocked to learn that the doctor told him he had injuries that the team downplayed. Ended up getting a few surgeries to get everything all fixed.

Moral of the story, get checked out by your own doctors if you feel something isn’t right.

Reactions: Tryamw

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
they just keep on f***ing this up. there's zero reason why he should have been released from the hospital

the league and the dolphins are gonna have a lot of explaining to do

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Not much to add that no one hasn't said yet on the Dolphins end. This was lawsuit level negligence.

What I don't want to get lost in all of this though is the NFL's major culpability in scheduling Thursday night games when its clearly unsafe.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not much to add that no one hasn't said yet on the Dolphins end. This was lawsuit level negligence.

What I don't want to get lost in all of this though is the NFL's major culpability in scheduling Thursday night games when its clearly unsafe.
If the league wants the TNF game for revenue then the logical step was to add a second bye week so that the two teams are not playing the Sunday before the TNF game.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Yeah.. this has always been my perspective on the league's so-called 'commitment to player safety'. The NFL doesn't want players to get injured, but their scheduling shows that player safety is basically a lower priority than TV revenue.
Fair enough, the NFL is ultimately a for-profit business. But it's comical that they conspicuously hype up safety, while adding an unnecessary 17th game to the season, and compel guys to play on basically 3 days rest. Their concussion larp was brought about to appease all the retired players' litigations over lingering head/mental damage. 'Player safety' is a preemptive legal strategy, not foremost a regard for NFL players' welfare..

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What I can get past, is even if you want to buy the story (that clearly seems like whitewashing now) that the dude had back and ankle injuries on Sunday and that's why he collapsed...how do you put him back out there that day and four days later when he had those alleged injuries that caused him to collapse?! It's not like THAT is anything to f*** around with regardless.

There are cases where you can get on the player for hiding symptoms but A) that's supposed to be why protocols are in place, allegedly to prevent that and B) everyone in America SAW what happened Sunday, there was no hiding that. Ultimately the team and the league have to be the adults in the room, and they were the furthest thing from it all week.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
This whole situation is disgusting and embarrassing... Last game was a joke and the fact he played already again and then once again got hurt is absolutely disgusting.

I'm honestly sick to my stomach about what I saw

This is a season ending situation for him forsure and quite possibly career threatening. Absolutely gross and what a joke the NFL and Dolphins are for handling this how they did

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Entire coaching and medical staff of the dolphins should be fired, honestly just a pathetic excuse of an organization from the owner on down

McDaniel may be a solid X’s and O’s guy but he doesn’t have what it takes to be a coach leadership-wise. Compare this with Mike Tomlin not letting Ryan Clark play in Denver despite his doctors clearing him to play with his sickle cell. THATS leadership. A leader has a duty to protect those he leads. What a complete and total failure Mike McDaniel is and if the world had any justice he’d be unemployed before I hit submit on this post. What a f***ing braindead moron, he sounds like he’s the one with the TBI.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I’m not surprised that the doctor discharged him but shouldn’t they have said you can’t fly back with the team and need to rest for at least 24 hours? If the hospital wasn’t going to keep him there they should have told him he can’t fly back yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad