Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
darkboy said:
They better get a deal done, because I'm getting tired of getting my hopes up and having them trashed. I've been sine optimistic right when negotiations were started up again in December right up to the point they made the dreaded official announcement. And when they made it, I was twice as pissed off about it as I would have been had they announced it in January. Especially since they cancelled it right when they were on the verge of hitting common ground. If they don't save the season NOW, with all this new hubbub starting back up, I'm going to be three times as pissed...

This is exactly why I think the NHL won't dare to let fans down again. It is getting to the level of abuse.

How many times in the past 5 months have we gotten all excited to hear Ted Saskin walk out of the hotel with a grim look on his face saying "no further meetings are scheduled. We have made no progress." If that happens tomorrow, then I won't take credence into what anybody says about anything in regards to this.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
i will let both negotiating teams kick me in the groin if they get a deal done, cause thats less painful then riding this rumour/posturing rollercoaster

Donnie D

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Jobu said:
Probably posturing. But it looks bad on Bettman... another Mickey Mouse move.

Not really. If he hadn't ended the season, would the players have taken the threat seriously? They hadn't for 5 months.

The entire press conference left word that the league would reopen under the right circumstances. (Could have even been a planted question.) Every interview with Bettman was the same; if they come back we will talk. Bettman may have made (boy will I get flamed for this one) the genius move that resulted in the players getting serious about talking.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
xtra said:
I volunteer to kick for the PA

no way. bobby, ted, bill, daniel, trent, artus, trevor, et al get to kick.
for the PA that is.

when it comes to the league ill take bettmann last because hes got tiny legs and his kick will be pleasant after the players are done.

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
This is all very strange:
1) HF hasn't crashed;
2) 368 new threads haven't been started, all reporting the same thing, some with different sources.
Thus I must be dreaming this. Wake me up Saturday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad