Rumor: TSN Insiders - Vancouver actively looking for a 20 goal scorer

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Good luck getting Nylander before the season started. Not a chance in hell there is even good luck to wish now that he was named rookie of the month.

If you want Nylander, I'd like to see Juolevi coming back. If you don't want to make a deal around those two then that's fine, but I'd rather not move Nylander plus for Tanev.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If you want Nylander, I'd like to see Juolevi coming back. If you don't want to make a deal around those two then that's fine, but I'd rather not move Nylander plus for Tanev.

I definitely wouldn't trade Nylander for Juolevi

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Sounds good to me.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
They're planting seeds. They'll trade away their core vets for some YOUNG 20-goal scorers or soon-to-be 20-goal scorers. This way they can say that they're both rebuilding and adding an excitement to the team.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Exactly. Why the hell would Vancouver trade that pick? Odds are that pick is going to be a top 4 pick.

Benning wants to make the playoffs now. He's convinced fans won't accept a rebuild. Sedins clock is ticking. Lottery pick won't help now and Benning won't be around to see it pan out anyway. ;)

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Benning is seeking a 20 goal scorer to turn this ship around. Anyone have one to spare? :popcorn:

I'm usually extremely notorious for include 1st round picks in my proposals, and so I'm thankful that I'm not the only Canuck nut on here. ;). :)

Having said that, the ONLY way I'd consider moving the Canucks' 2017 1st round pick, was if it was for a stud 20-23 year old center or defenseman that for whatever reason, was having contractual problems with his current team and was exploring other options.

I'm talking Tyson Barrie, Hampus Lindholm, and Jacob Trouba. Obviously, those 3 guys are likely unavailable now but if a situation similar to that occurs in the future, the Canucks should be all over it in my opinion..........while using the 2017 1st as part of their package.

The other guy I have a deep interest in is Philadelphia's Sean Couturier. I'm not sure if the Flyers would be willing to move him for the right price, but the Canucks could likely get Couturier + a pick or decent prospect if they offered their 2017 1st to the Flyers. I'd be interested in a guy like Couturier because I think a combination of Couturier, Horvat, and Sutter as our centers would make us fairly tough to play against (i.e. shutting down the opposition, containing elite players, scoring on turnovers). Once you get a guy like Couturier, the Canucks could then finally start exploring options of moving the twins.

Last edited:

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

For once, I wasn't the one who suggested that we trade our 2017 1st. It was some other Canuck nut!

For the record though, if a Trouba/Lindholm/Barrie type situation comes again with a similar calibre player on defense/center, then yes, I would dangle the 2017 1st as part of a packaged deal to acquire such a player.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
i would trade our first for hampus lindholm in a heart beat. there's about 7 or 8 dman i'd take over him going forward.

would not touch a deal for our first consisting of barrie or trouba. just let the team build from the draft out, come on.

willyjones

May 30, 2013

While I think trading your first away could be a bad move, benning will save his own job before not trading the first away. I feel for ya guys and gals. As a leaf fan we all know this scenario all to well. the Canuck can not and will not think full rebuild until the sedins retire. Nobody is trading for them simply for the fact of cap space and the Canuck management will not move them, so trading picks is really the only option.. you have some good young assets in Horvat, tanev, and recent d man picked, but trading them just opens another hole. Hopefully I am wrong but I could see the canucks making a deal sooner then later and depending on the player coming back I could see a first being offered. I think your gm will sink or swim this year so trading the first for an establish player might save his butt if the Canuck claw their way back. The way they are playing now he will probably be fired at end of year, so he is probably think might as well.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If I am Benning, I trade the first pick to save the season, which means a number one center. I'd insist on including some bad contract like Burrows or Sedin.

FuelTheJet

Oct 18, 2014
At the trade deadline if Vancouver is still on a downward spiral, as a Toronto fan I would go

Leafs - JVR (Half salary retained), Bracco, Leafs 2nd this year and Leafs 2nd the year after.

Vancouver - 1st overall in 2017, 1st overall lottery protected. If the pick does end up getting protected the Leafs get Vancouvers 1st round in 2018 and get both the 2nd round picks back.

No way Vancouver ever parts with that pick though, especially with the way the lottery is now.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
With all due respect to Canuck fans, what's the point of acquiring a 20g player for a team that is projected to end up at the bottom of the league again?

Accept the tank and just wait for next year.

You're what the Leafs were 5 years ago. Not yet fully willing to accept that you're not good enough but in a position to make deals and gamble your future for a sniff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad