TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So you read the suburban, but don't read the suburban...

Melnick mentioned the piece so I retrieved it for comedic purposes. And that makes me a reader of the rag it came from, according to you.

So you make it up as you go. Great.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Just listened to Gagnon's TSN690 segment from this morning. He said people could see that the Habs defense wasn't good in training camp and what would happen if Weber got hurt and that it all could collapse if he did and that is what happened he said.

Well Francois the Habs were around 12th in the east with both Weber (although playing injured) and Price in the lineup so they weren't exactly good before then either. The bottom line is the team just isn't talented enough and they cannot score goals and the defense even with Weber is still awful. Looks like the media is starting to butter up the fans for the injury excuse which will likely be brought up at the end of season PC again from MB.

For me though if the Habs were good before Weber started missing games then yeah they could maybe use the injury excuse again this season but the Habs were terrible with both Weber and Price playing so the injury excuse this year is out the window for me. This is just a poorly built team and that all falls on the GM.

Here's audio from Gagnon's chat from this morning.
Gagnon: Biggest mistake by Bergevin this year was on the back-end

Won't stop our man though. PAS D'EXCUSES used to be on the wall, but no longer. Notwithstanding that the team has scored 0 or 1 goal in a third of its games and 2 goals or less in more than half its games. The awful scoring woes would not be helped by Weber/Price being healthy. The moves Bergevin has made over the past 2-3 years have led us to this current abyss.

Too much to ask I suppose but perhaps some of the journos might bring this up vs. letting Bergevin slide with the injury excuse again.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
You got it wrong. They don't care about the content, they ONLY care if TSN 690 is bringing in sufficient revenue.
If they are not profitable, they will simply take them off the air.
Marinaro is a meaningless ass clown and isn't worth discussing any further .

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc McKenna

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Lol Engles is such a puke even when I agree with the overall premise.
It’s not Radulov’s fault that didn’t happen, and fans attending Tuesday’s game should know that.

This sort of bashing the fans is so stupid. People are going to boo him just like they booed subban and every other player of signficance who returns. But Eric "hockeybuzz" Engels knows more then us stupid fans who pay money to have a bit of fun at the rink.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

This sort of bashing the fans is so stupid. People are going to boo him just like they booed subban and every other player of signficance who returns. But Eric "hockeybuzz" Engels knows more then us stupid fans who pay money to have a bit of fun at the rink.

So you agree with him but think he's a puke for saying it? He's not calling anyone stupid.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just heard the clip on 690 and Gagnon actually called DLR "useless" on air this morning. There's been a lot of useless with the Habs this season starting with the owner, GM, coaches, most players, the AHL so pretty much everyone in the entire organization.

Why even single out a 4th liner in DLR Frankie? Grow a set and go after the real problem with this organization Frankie with tough questions instead of going after a non factor 4th liner.

WG

Sep 9, 2008

The only 'fans' who hold Radulov in contempt are the dwindling members of the Bergevin Defense League. Fans of the team identified Radu as a player we should have retained. Instead, he gets a take it or leave it offer from our noted talent evaluator.

Engles says as much in the piece. and if I happened to be at the rink tonight, I'd stand and applaud Radulov. Anybody wants to boo tonight, stroll up toward the Habs box and go boo the morons residing therein. Think how much fun THAT would be.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Come on. He's calling fans stupid if they boo Radulov. It's condescending not on jack todd levels but it's still bad.

No he's not. He's saying they're incorrect in blaming Radulov. Calling fans misguided is not calling them stupid. You're inferring way to much from the article.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on behind the scenes on these nightly Quebec TV sports shows.

I have my doubts about the people who are co-hosts with Dave Morissette on his show. They're having way too much of a good time and there's nothing wrong with that. They're not meant to be taken too seriously and their "analysis" can mostly be reduced to tired cliches. I must admit, there isn't much by way of content but I PVR it anyway, since I get a good laugh from some of their hosts.

And then there was this past Thursday's show. Morissette breaks for commercials and returns at precisely the 34:49 mark, and while the show's logo and theme song are fading out, you hear the unmistakable sound of an epic burp that got progressively loud as the image fades in on Dave Morissette and Michel Godbout standing at a podium. Godbout is staring down visibly embarrassed and Morissette is looking at the camera and laughing his head off. :laugh:

And then Morissette ensues with "c'est pas à cause que les Canadien perd, qu'on aura pas the plaisir, han?"

And Godbout retorts "Moi j'suis heureux d'être avec toi, Dave." Followed by Morrissette: "C'est le party pendant les pauses!"

TRANSLATION:

Morissette: Just cause the Habs are losing doesn't mean we can't have fun, huh?
Godbout: I'm happy to be here with you, Dave.
Morissette: There's a party (going on here) during the (commercial) break.

I mean, this wasn't just a regular burp -- it was one of those megaphone ones that gets progressively louder, where even if you only catch the end, it gives you a good indication of the degree of shamelessness the Morissette crew is willing to entertain, even if there is the very real danger that when you're doing a live show, this kind of behavior can bleed into the audio at any time.

Begs the question, what else is going on when they break for commercials? Are there any world-breaking fart projectiles? Any bodily fluids used for distance records? Artistic merit marks awarded for dry-humping techniques? This is a pig that no amount of lipstick is going to camouflage.

That reminds me of the ol' Yvon Pedneault off-air rant on Atlanta's ugly jerseys.

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That reminds me of the ol' Yvon Pedneault off-air rant on Atlanta's ugly jerseys.

Was that caught on air? I don't remember it.

By the way, on a different topic altogether. You know your standard joke about Juliette Pétry? Guess what Petry's wife's name is.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
His schizophrenia around this team is hilarious. He seems to hate the team and tends to bash the team, rightly and wrongly, on tv and the radio but then seems to dream about being the GM...

I always notice that he will shit on Bergevin super fast but he is very careful with his words when talking about Molson, like he's trying not to shit on his future boss.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
What do you expect him to say? He's not going to say F*** MOLSON... that would be career suicide. Wasn't long ago the Habs sent a memo to the media about talking badly about the team. Or do we still think that was made up?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
What do you expect him to say? He's not going to say F*** MOLSON... that would be career suicide. Wasn't long ago the Habs sent a memo to the media about talking badly about the team. Or do we still think that was made up?

Sending out a memo to curtail criticism with implicit threats will always backfire. The media have a job to do and will do it.

The trick is to do things above board, competently and professionally. This is what prevents criticism. Molson and/or Bergevin should clean up their acts on and off the ice if they want to feel less pressure from people paid to talk about sports.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
So this Morning, all the talk is about Shaw.

Do you think that, if it was someone like Alex G instead of Andrew.... would the media be doing the same thing?

I am inclined to say yes only because his recent play has garnered some affection from the media. If he was still struggling then I am not so sure.
Of course RDS rules do not apply here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad