McKenzie: Troy Stecher Available actively in trade talks.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
The Benning Bros are fast to denigrate anyone Jim might trade or has traded. Stecher is better than Myers ffs. Dimwit doesn't get nuance so I have no doubt we will add assets to Stecher to acquire a player like Barrie who we will re-sign before he plays a game.

Stecher is to Barrie what Bonino was to Sutter, what Kassian was to Prust.

Bring on the shitty trades....Canuck nation just eats em up.

Reactions: Smif

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
To move Stecher for a pick or a prospect after trading for Toffoli to make a push for the playoffs makes no sense. I’m not really on board to move him, he’s pretty underrated. If we lose him in the summer because of the cap that’s one thing, but to move him for picks now when we’re going for the playoffs makes no sense.

Oh I wish it would be just picks. We'll ADD picks to get a worse player on a worse contract.

Reactions: David71

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
The Benning Bros are fast to denigrate anyone Jim might trade or has traded. Stecher is better than Myers ffs. Dimwit doesn't get nuance so I have no doubt we will add assets to Stecher to acquire a player like Barrie who we will re-sign before he plays a game.

Lol why are you getting angry about something that hasn’t even happened?

Also, contracts aside, Myers is better than Stetcher.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It'd have to be for an upgrade on defence. Ideally somebody with a bit more size. Otherwise, i don't really see why you'd be moving a depth D piece from a position where the Canucks already aren't stupendously deep.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Simmonds for Stecher seems fair, no?

Not like particulary interested on him as he's just another small dman which Devils have had plenty, but wouldnt hate it.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Why would Toronto do that, they could get much more from atleast half the teams in the league.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I wonder if Toronto has interest because he’s a guy they could afford longterm opposed to Barrie who’s certainly gone at seasons end?
He any better than sandin is right now
Barrie isnt much better than sandin right now
Toronto has a beauty

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
I don't know about this Troy Stecher kid but Tony Stretcher is one heck of a defenseman
images
You mean this guy. He's a beauty!

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I like Stecher, he plays hard even with him being smaller he’s got a lot of fight in him, doesn’t back down or shy away.

I like Troy a lot as well but I really wonder if he has any more value than say Ben Hutton?

For all Canuck hopeful fans can you really see a rival GM trying to sell Stecher as the missing piece for a SC run?:huh:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I don't think we should move Stecher unless he's part of a package brining a better RHD with term back to us. For example, he we traded for Dumba and Stecher was a piece going back to Minny then ok fine it makes sense but otherwise it's a no. I really like Stecher as a bottom pair D for 2 reasons:

1) He can move up and down the lineup. He's played significant time with Edler and that pair doesn't miss a beat. Looks just as comfortable in top 4 minutes with Edler has he does on the bottom pair with Fantenberg.

2) He's not one of those bottom pair old school, no skill, "big tuff" D men who cant actually play hockey. Stecher can play, he can make a pass, he can skate. Take Jordie Benn for example. He's one of those terrible bottom pair D who will remain in the league because he has the perception of being tough to play against or having "experience." I'll take Troy over a guy like that any day.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
To move Stecher for a pick or a prospect after trading for Toffoli to make a push for the playoffs makes no sense. I’m not really on board to move him, he’s pretty underrated. If we lose him in the summer because of the cap that’s one thing, but to move him for picks now when we’re going for the playoffs makes no sense.

I kind of see your point, I like Stech and would like him to stay but management might want to try and make some room on D for Tryamkin or give Rafferty some playing time as well.

He plays hard, not sure what kind of deal he wants or will get in the summer but due to our cap situation we have to get creative and JB has to move out some overpaid players and Sven who I wish was playing where LE has been gifted a spot....but I digress!

Canucks should be looking to move on from these players in the summer: Sutter, LE, Roussel(maybe), Sven (since he's exhiled) Those players make up around 17m, minus Rous and thats 14m. 14m we could really use plus Spooner is off the books so that adds a bit plus, who knows what cap will be next year...hopefully up by 2m or more

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

Which posts are you referring to?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad