Value of: Trouba

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
It’s funny how many posters can’t grasp the obvious....
Trouba will not be moved as a rental. He will be traded to a team he is willing to extend with.

You're not considering the fact that the Jets GM is horrible, so not likely to get anywhere close to that.

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015
What do you think of some of these potential Trouba landing spots and values:

Red Wings: Trouba for Dennis Cholowski + 2nd rounder (#54)

Flyers: Trouba for Morgan Frost + 2nd rounder (#41)

Panthers: Trouba for 1st rounder (#13) + Max Gildon

Sabres: Trouba for 1st rounder (#30) + Tage Thompson

Rangers: Trouba for 1st rounder (#20) + K'Andre Miller

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

I like the flyers deal best.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Murat Ates [of The Athletic] stated that the Red Wings said Filip Hronek is completely off the table, but Winnipeg has inquired about some draft picks. The Red Wings have three 2nd round picks this upcoming draft and would be willing to part ways with one or two of them to acquire Trouba.

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

You can cross the flyers off the list. Frost isnt available due to team needs.

Reactions: Devonator

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Murat Ates [of The Athletic] stated that the Red Wings said Filip Hronek is completely off the table, but Winnipeg has inquired about some draft picks. The Red Wings have three 2nd round picks this upcoming draft and would be willing to part ways with one or two of them to acquire Trouba.
The athletic is barely a step above Eklund.

Reactions: Snowman

Digital Kid

Jun 5, 2015
Calgary
Trouba is not going to be traded as a rental. I have no doubt he will sit out or be told to sit (due to no extension) until something happens if the trade does not occur before the amateur draft and goes into training camp. The Jets have only one chance to get this right, and it may not even hurt to test-drive their young D corps in the pre-season and October. Cheveldayoff does not seem to get intimidated by the player or by his agent.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Easy no from the Rangers. Miller isn't going anywhere.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No he didn't. A beat writer opined that the Wings wouldn't give up Hronek. There wasn't any actual information from the Wings' organization cited. It's all speculation, just like this thread.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
wings are in no position to give young assets for trouba. if you want mike green and a second that about max. if he doesn't get to ufa owell hes not a great number 1 like jets fans like to think, if he was buf would be on the second pair not trouba.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The meltdown Jets fans are setting themselves up for when they don't get the king's ransom they're expecting is gonna be epic.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lots of reports that the Jets were after Stone but cooled when he refused to discuss contract extensions with them. Also, Dale Tallon reported that they were after him but Stone refused to discuss a contract extension so they moved in.
and what happens if/when Trouba says no to discussing extensions with teams that are interested? What happens if he says he will only sign with Tampa or Florida...hypothetically?

Point is, there are multiple things that can happen in BOTH directions. Lots of Jets fans only want to see the one where there is a bidding war and his value gets driven up.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Jets fans are pretty savvy and reasonable. Funny that you think squabbles on an internet forum somehow are an accurate reflection of general sentiment.

Funny how you think a post on an internet forum was referring to fans outside the group on that internet forum.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
and what happens if/when Trouba says no to discussing extensions with teams that are interested? What happens if he says he will only sign with Tampa or Florida...hypothetically?

Point is, there are multiple things that can happen in BOTH directions. Lots of Jets fans only want to see the one where there is a bidding war and his value gets driven up.
There might not be a bidding war but I think it's more reasonable than supposing that Trouba won't agree to consider more than one destination. As I noted, a Jets forum poster with NHL connections and a few media types have indicated that they've heard there are multiple teams interested in Trouba. Now we wait and see.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Funny how you think a post on an internet forum was referring to fans outside the group on that internet forum.
Based on this forum, approximately how many Jets fans will "melt down" after a Trouba trade? You don't need to include me in that count because I don't have that much invested in my own speculation.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
There might not be a bidding war but I think it's more reasonable than supposing that Trouba won't agree to consider more than one destination. As I noted, a Jets forum poster with NHL connections and a few media types have indicated that they've heard there are multiple teams interested in Trouba. Now we wait and see.
I don't disagree that teams won't be interested. GM's would be dumb not to investigate the cost on him.

But what I am saying, is people are just assuming that he would sign with Philly. Or NY. etc... What if he says "no, I am only going to Florida or Tampa to be with my fiance"

Certain Jets fans only want to see one option...the lots of teams bidding option. There are others.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
buff played a minute and a half more per game in regular season than trouba and 4 minutes more per in playoffs. buff is your #1

Reactions: Adtar02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad