Injury Report: Trouba - returned from concussion 03/31

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I think the Jets have probably banked enough points that they can sputter along without Trouba till the playoffs. My disappointment is that we won't get to see what this Jets team looks like at full strength and firing on all cylinders, one or two key pieces have been hurt at every point this season. We really don't know what this team can do when fully healthy.

Doesn't it aid negotiation because it means management can play hardball. Be like you would be worth 7mill if you were healthy but now we have to take your health and potential injuries into consideration. In addition, it keeps his point total down.

It won't have much impact on what he makes this summer. Trouba is a known commodity, Jets and every team in the NHL knows what he is. The only thing I think it might have an impact on is make Trouba realize how freaky this game is and that how often you are one bad break away from having a career threatening or at the very least career impacting injury and that gambling on 1-2 year deals instead of the security of a long term deal is not a wise move.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I have my doubts that they ever get to arbitration. My best guess is Trouba signs a long term deal with the Jets prior to the hearing.

Injury history is not an allowable stat for the arbitrator
You’ve been very consistent in your prediction of the Jets signing Trouba to a long term deal before arbitration next summer, Aavco.

Hope you’re right.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think the Jets have probably banked enough points that they can sputter along without Trouba till the playoffs. My disappointment is that we won't get to see what this Jets team looks like at full strength and firing on all cylinders, one or two key pieces have been hurt at every point this season. We really don't know what this team can do when fully healthy.

Perhaps we will find out in the playoffs!

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We do get a chance to see what the team will look like without Trouba next season if he is traded? I want him signed but there have been some fans who want Jacob gone so I guess we get a trial run.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
We do get a chance to see what the team will look like without Trouba next season if he is traded? I want him signed but there have been some fans who want Jacob gone so I guess we get a trial run.

Only if you assume Toby is re-signed. Otherwise we just get to see what the right side would look like.

Reactions: ps241

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Seeing what the Jets have in Poolman will be interesting and important for future roster decisions.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Only if you assume Toby is re-signed. Otherwise we just get to see what the right side would look like.

Yes Toby and also the return for Trouba may be a D man but in the mean time we do get to see a Troubaless D core. This would be a really nice time for our goaltending to stay hot.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I think everything will be fine as long as Trouba returns on or before his bobblehead game on March 20th... ;)

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
So, was just out for a family birthday dinner at Moxies on Kenaston tonight and Jacob and his parents were there...
He was walking relatively slowly leaving the restaurant (no walking boot) but barely any kind of a noticeable limp; not sure if that helps any of the Mark Recchi types on HFJets determine what the injury is more likely to be :D
Maybe he did a dine and dash....
The slow walk fooled em all :naughty:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
So, was just out for a family birthday dinner at Moxies on Kenaston tonight and Jacob and his parents were there...
He was walking relatively slowly leaving the restaurant (no walking boot) but barely any kind of a noticeable limp; not sure if that helps any of the Mark Recchi types on HFJets determine what the injury is more likely to be :D

Interesting. There were reports during the Trouba holdout that his father was prevented from travelling to Canada and that was a reason jacob wanted to play south of the border. I guess that is either no longer the case or was never true.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Interesting. There were reports during the Trouba holdout that his father was prevented from travelling to Canada and that was a reason jacob wanted to play south of the border. I guess that is either no longer the case or was never true.
That was just speculation I think. Trouba had reportedly not wanted to go to a Canadian team and there was a lot of "Well, why could that possibly be?" spitballing...

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
That was just speculation I think. Trouba had reportedly not wanted to go to a Canadian team and there was a lot of "Well, why could that possibly be?" spitballing...

Possibly but it seemed more than just wild speculation. It is possible that those legal issues that were mentioned have gone away.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
I guess the other thing is that I am assuming it was his parents...his Dad is a big man in the mold of Scheif’s Dad.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Wow his dad is a big guy...6'6"? Also did Trouba set a hugging record at the draft?

Come on, their boy just got sentenced to 10 years in Winnipeg, with little chance for early release due to good behaviour. Meemaw especially looks like she's going to burst into tears. Don't worry, Jakie. We'll get Kurt working on this. We won't let you rot away in that Siberian gulag. :laugh:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Come on, their boy just got sentenced to 10 years in Winnipeg, with little chance for early release due to good behaviour. Meemaw especially looks like she's going to burst into tears. Don't worry, Jakie. We'll get Kurt working on this. We won't let you rot away in that Siberian gulag. :laugh:
Trouba seemed pretty happy...not like McDavid after Edmonton won the draft lottery:

mcdavid2_48599.jpg

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
boy these next 6 to 8 weeks sure would be an opportune time for chevy and the troubs to hammer out a deal. Lets get this done! 6.125 per yeard for 8 just like schieffle!! C'mon jacob! just think you and mark singing to each other between periods for the next 7 yrs

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We do get a chance to see what the team will look like without Trouba next season if he is traded? I want him signed but there have been some fans that want Jacob gone, so I guess we get a trial run.

Good post here, and I think the only reason why some people would like to see Trouba "gone", is because he's been unreasonable in what he's asking $$$ and that will throw out the contract equilibrium we enjoy here in Winnipeg, and are able to keep all our above average players like Perrault and many others, and other teams can't do that-"they don't have the cap space". Our contracts have been well managed by Chevy -"bigtime" This is critical in today's NHL if you want to win.

When you have teams like Edmonton and they are into the glue for $ 12 mil to McDavid, and about 8 mil to Draisatle--that's $ 20 mil of your $ 75 mil cap- you then have no room for "upper middle players" Chicago is the same with Toews and Kane, sucking up $ 20 mil, for just 2 players !!!

The NHL today, is not only about aquiring good players, it's about aquiring good players at reasonable contracts, and Chevy has "shined at that". These teams that are in over their heads on 2-3 guys,and this just won't cut it -- "you need a team effort and depth" Edmonton is real good proof of my point here and-same with the Hawks.

I'm all for Trouba staying as he's a great young defenseman, if he's going to be reasonable with his contract demands, and that's likely $ 6.5 ish to maybe $ 7 mil. If he wants to create problems, or his agent does, we can then trade him.

With the way he's being playing lately, and the fact the Jet's are looking at a Stanley Cup team -- I think Trouba will look favorably at signing in around a 5 year contract with the Jet's, and see what happens after. He can then go for top buck after, he showcases his talent on a real contender.

I hope so -- as I noticed he was very dominant in his last couple games out,
and getting stronger every game, and returning to last years form. I just don't believe in keeping trouble makers that can distract a team. I hope Trouba isn't one of them-- he seems to look happy lately, and I hope he resigns at a reasonable amount. Keep peace within the family.:thumbu:

PS- I would not be for keeping him at an unreasonable amount, and causing hard feelings within the club. I'm sure Chevy who's conservative feels the same way. Hope Chevy can work it out !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ERYX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad