Injury Report: Trouba - returned from concussion 03/31

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I hate to say it but you can’t have 2 of your best players still nursing injuries going into the playoffs and expect to be successful we have depth but our depth is young.I am curious to see what Chevy does? Does he again be patient and just let the young guys play to gain experience or does he add players? At this point as much as I was hoping Chevy would add players as I felt this is as good of a year as any to make a push I think this is just too much of a blow to our team to have it be our year.Wheeler will be run to the ground by playoffs as well.Feeling very frustrated both injuries are long term before they recover fully,again both Scheif and Trouba won’t be 100% until next year.
I don't know, this seems a little alarmist. They'll both be close to healthy come playoff time, nobody is 100% at that point anyway. I'm not overly worried about it, they can survive.

I might need a lot of Zantac though.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Well they'll both be back well before the playoffs. Scheifs is back in the next couple of weeks, Trouba back by the end of march, and they won't rush either back before they're fully fit considering we will be in decent positioning so they'll be 100%.
If you have had either injury if it is infact a high ankle sprain you would know it takes a long time to be 100% yes they will be cleared to play but they will not feel 100%.Eichel got hurt last season and took almost the whole year to get going again.Perreault had one and kept aggravating he took about a month to look normal again once he came back,it is one of those injuries that you can play through the pain once you are cleared but it will definitely effect your game for a while.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
The problem is not necessarily that the injured guys will not able to heal in time, but rather the fact that during their absence, we may drop a lot of points, which would be very concerning in this division. Granted that other teams have injuries too, but which ones are missing a 1C and a 1D at once? I can't think of one.

If we were in the Atlantic, this would be nothing to worry about, but we are in a division in which bad stretches are not allowed to happen. Kind of worrying to lose your best guns in the middle of the fight for a playoff spot.

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
As an aside it shows how bad the Winnipeg Jets website is. When I heard the news on TV I went to the Jets website for details. All I got was pictures and stuff, mostly on the all star game. After scrolling down for a bit I gave up and came here. What is wrong with all these Nerds designing the webpages that they think it is more important to lead you through reams of pictures and articles rather than give you a simple headline page that you can click to go to what you want?

Thank you HF Boards for keeping it simple and informative.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The problem is not necessarily that the injured guys will not able to heal in time, but rather the fact that during their absence, we may drop a lot of points, which would be very concerning in this division. Granted that other teams have injuries too, but which ones are missing a 1C and a 1D at once? I can't think of one.

If we were in the Atlantic, this would be nothing to worry about, but we are in a division in which bad stretches are not allowed to happen. Kind of worrying to lose your best guns in the middle of the fight for a playoff spot.

Trouba is only about 2-3 WAR per year. Buff will get more ice time. Probably Myers too. We'll get by.

Reactions: Guerzy

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
As an aside it shows how bad the Winnipeg Jets website is. When I heard the news on TV I went to the Jets website for details. All I got was pictures and stuff, mostly on the all star game. After scrolling down for a bit I gave up and came here. What is wrong with all these Nerds designing the webpages that they think it is more important to lead you through reams of pictures and articles rather than give you a simple headline page that you can click to go to what you want?

Thank you HF Boards for keeping it simple and informative.

Their entire website staff was in Tampa. There's been nothing official from the Jets yet. Just Weibe breaking a story. Until Maurice confirms it tomorrow we can't even be sure the timeline is completely accurate. Why would you expect the Jets website to say anything until it's officially announced?

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
If it is a broken ankle (recovery time could be 12 weeks or more) I would fault whoever seems to have taught Jets players to turn sideways when blocking shots. Most of them have been doing that this year.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Just went back and watched the OT again. Trouba and Silferberg both fell awkwardly together at center ice along the boards. It was on the camera side so you can't really see what happened there. Beyak does mention Trouba was shaken up going back to the bench. The camera fallows the play into the Ducks zone so can't see how badly he was limping back to the bench. Bummer.

That was a 3+ minute shift for Trouba

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If it is a broken ankle (recovery time could be 12 weeks or more) I would fault whoever seems to have taught Jets players to turn sideways when blocking shots. Most of them have been doing that this year.

It's likely a high ankle sprain

It didn't happen blocking a shot

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
I blame 3v3 OT. That’s a very long shift leading up to it.

Just went back and watched the OT again. Trouba and Silferberg both fell awkwardly together at center ice along the boards. It was on the camera side so you can't really see what happened there. Beyak does mention Trouba was shaken up going back to the bench. The camera fallows the play into the Ducks zone so can't see how badly he was limping back to the bench. Bummer.

That was a 3+ minute shift for Trouba

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I hate to say it but you can’t have 2 of your best players still nursing injuries going into the playoffs and expect to be successful we have depth but our depth is young.I am curious to see what Chevy does? Does he again be patient and just let the young guys play to gain experience or does he add players? At this point as much as I was hoping Chevy would add players as I felt this is as good of a year as any to make a push I think this is just too much of a blow to our team to have it be our year.Wheeler will be run to the ground by playoffs as well.Feeling very frustrated both injuries are long term before they recover fully,again both Scheif and Trouba won’t be 100% until next year.
No need to panic. Players get hurt all the time. Who says Scheifele and Trouba won't be back at full speed by playoff time? We are over 10 weeks away from the playoffs with Lowry back next week and Scheif likely only a couple weeks away. Trouba is likely back late March with a couple weeks to get back into game shape before playoffs. We have proven we have the depth to deal with setbacks.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If it was Morrissey that got hurt we would be screwed , at least we are pretty strong down the right side . That being said , i would like Chevy to pick up a veteran defenseman at some point . We get Scheif back soon and that will help .

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This is a big loss. PK just took a huge hit and Buff is also going to be back to 25+ minutes a night. We'll survive, but it's going to stretch our defence thin.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Why are so many posters panicking ?? we have lot's of depth on right side defense, and as I recall we were without Buff for a good period of time last year, and we did just fine, and we'll do fine til Trouba returns.

I highly doubt it's a "broken ankle"- that is hugely painful and he would have left the ice for sure. I would think it's a strained tendon, or something like that. Usually those type of injuries flare up 4-5 hours later.

All these posters calling for Chevy to make a trade or aquire a right D man ???

If you listen to the fans -- you'll soon be one !!! :cool:

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
This is devastating. All you Trouba haters are going to see how much he means to this team when he's gone. I still have nightmares about last season during his hold out. Morrissey will start to look a whole lot more ordinary without Jacob by his side. Also buff back to playing 60 minutes a night will be awesome..

Better buckle up this will not be pretty the next month or so if true

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Super duper crappy.

I hope Zhamnov10 is wrong on his prognosis on Trouba & Scheifele's recoveries. If there is any tiny silver lining, it's that both players should be able to heal up any other niggling issues and be well rested come playoff time. 82 games is a long grind.

Really happy for the points we've banked this season. Might turn out we're gonna need 'em.

Poolman, time to lace up for the long haul and impress the hell outa us. Buff, here's the icetime you wanted, make it good! Looks like a lot of our longtime vets (Buff, Wheels, Little) will be steering the ship forward. Good news is I know those guys are super driven, as hard-working talented vets that are only now glimpsing an opportunity at real playoff success. And sometimes, there's some unlikely heroes that step up in troubled times.

Now, enough friggin' injuries. We've paid the hockey gods their due in blood.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Why are so many posters panicking ?? we have lot's of depth on right side defense, and as I recall we were without Buff for a good period of time last year, and we did just fine, and we'll do fine til Trouba returns.

I highly doubt it's a "broken ankle"- that is hugely painful and he would have left the ice for sure. I would think it's a strained tendon, or something like that. Usually those type of injuries flare up 4-5 hours later.

All these posters calling for Chevy to make a trade or aquire a right D man ???

If you listen to the fans -- you'll soon be one !!! :cool:
I wanted Chevy to pick up a veteran defenseman even before Trouba got hurt , if one of Buff , Morrissey or Myers gets hurt before Trouba is back , this defense looks pretty weak . :crossfing

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Trouba played in OT, in fact played half of it.

Trouba Wheeler & Laine took a shift at 0:33 of OT & was on the ice until he slipped & feel awkwardly on top of Silverberg at the 2:53 mark. He skated weakly off the ice shortly afterwards at 3:00.

He also remained on the bench for the shootout & was seen walking to the dressing room with the rest of the team after the shootout loss.
Right... sorry, I meant that he left in OT and didn't return.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Maybe samberg gets some time at end of season or bring back Stuart from Europe? :)

Poolman will be call up but perhaps melchiori and chisrot gets some time. Size will be useful in playoffs. Forwards can compensate for lackluster defense.

Again blessing in disguise ala sheif injury.

If it is high ankle sprain, these can take months to heal.

Last edited:

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
This is a big loss. Trouba finally got his game together and then he got injured.

That good an realiable early season Buff is now needed back.

Poolman is not bad, so we will survive, but no doubt this hurts.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets really do seem to struggle with injuries most seasons. The upside is Tucker Poolman gets 6-8 weeks of solid NHL play before the playoffs to establish himself in case we need him again during the playoffs.

If Trouba and Scheif fully recover they will be rested that’s for sure.

Shaibu

Nov 12, 2016
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad