Injury Report: Trouba - returned from concussion 03/31

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Still makes him available for the playoffs. meh. I think the Jets can weather these injuries because they have proved it thus far. If Morrissey goes down we might be in trouble

Reactions: Jets 31

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I just said in the trade deadline thread that I’d trade for Gudbranson from Vancouver as a rental. Plays RD, UFA at the end of the year and can handle 3rd pairing minutes.

Gudbranson sucks.

Cody Franson or bust.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I didn't even realize he got hurt last game. He take a puck in the ankle or something?
Jets watched the replay it looks like a player rolled onto his ankle I would say a high ankle sprain which really sucks probably won’t be the same for the rest of the year even if he comes back this hurts us really bad.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Is it ever good that we have Poolman.

Still, this is a huge loss.

I wondered about Trouba... he left before OT in the last game and didn't return.

Trouba played in OT, in fact played half of it.

Trouba Wheeler & Laine took a shift at 0:33 of OT & was on the ice until he slipped & feel awkwardly on top of Silverberg at the 2:53 mark. He skated weakly off the ice shortly afterwards at 3:00.

He also remained on the bench for the shootout & was seen walking to the dressing room with the rest of the team after the shootout loss.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Really don't think we need to panic and bring anyone in. Maybe wrap Myers up in bubble wrap for the next 6-8 weeks though.

Guessing pairings go to

Morrissey-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Chiarot-Poolman
Whoever gets called up

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Still makes him available for the playoffs. meh. I think the Jets can weather these injuries because they have proved it thus far. If Morrissey goes down we might be in trouble
And if Helly goes down while its too late for the Dahlin Sweepstakes and we are lost in the middle ground again. But, for now, everything is okay in the world and to all a goodnight!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Really don't think we need to panic and bring anyone in. Maybe wrap Myers up in bubble wrap for the next 6-8 weeks though.

Guessing pairings go to

Morrissey-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Chiarot-Poolman
Whoever gets called up
Niku? Would be good to see him practice with the NHL squad for a while, but, more likely Melchori

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I hate to say it but you can’t have 2 of your best players still nursing injuries going into the playoffs and expect to be successful we have depth but our depth is young.I am curious to see what Chevy does? Does he again be patient and just let the young guys play to gain experience or does he add players? At this point as much as I was hoping Chevy would add players as I felt this is as good of a year as any to make a push I think this is just too much of a blow to our team to have it be our year.Wheeler will be run to the ground by playoffs as well.Feeling very frustrated both injuries are long term before they recover fully,again both Scheif and Trouba won’t be 100% until next year.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
I hate to say it but you can’t have 2 of your best players still nursing injuries going into the playoffs and expect to be successful we have depth but our depth is young.I am curious to see what Chevy does? Does he again be patient and just let the young guys play to gain experience or does he add players? At this point as much as I was hoping Chevy would add players as I felt this is as good of a year as any to make a push I think this is just too much of a blow to our team to have it be our year.Wheeler will be run to the ground by playoffs as well.Feeling very frustrated both injuries are long term before they recover fully,again both Scheif and Trouba won’t be 100% until next year.
Well they'll both be back well before the playoffs. Scheifs is back in the next couple of weeks, Trouba back by the end of march, and they won't rush either back before they're fully fit considering we will be in decent positioning so they'll be 100%.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
vader.jpg

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Unexpected. I guess we know why Poolman didn't go back to the Moose now. It's not the end of the world.

Morrissey Buff
Kulikov Myers
Enstrom Poolman

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Which hockey god have we offended this time?

Seriously. Are we this cursed that when we do not have 350+ man games lost to injuries, we go through the most important names instead?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Pretty sure he's back in the next couple games. He was about to play in Anaheim but they decided to scratch him during the morning skate.

Well then we should be alright as long as there are no more for a while.
Morrissey - Buff
Kulikov - Myers
Enstrom - Poolman.
Chiarot

I'm assuming that an extra 5 days of 'day-to-day' will have been enough for Lowry to be ready too. Course you never know with dtd. :laugh:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I was more worried that Morrissey had picked up an injury then Trouba that game.
Had NO clue he got banged up.
I really liked Poolman... EXCEPT the one Moose game I went to.
This was once Poolman had been sent back and Roslovic and Lemieux had been called up (plus Robinson and Lipon were out with injuries).

The Moose got killed and Poolman looked terrible... like really bad.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that his other games that I have seen are more what we can expect.
Because if the Poolman from that game shows up he'll make Chiarot look like a Norris candidate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad