Sportsnet: Trouba requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
So since May? I know the Jets brass is cautious but that pace can be described as glacial, at best.

My guess is they hang on to him and just give him more ice time.

Unlikely they can give him more ice time when the statement from his agent said he's not reporting to training camp

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Oh boy. Will the jets get more value for him than the Devils got for Larsson?

I bet he'll get Drouin'd though. A lot of fuss, but he'll still be a jet for a while.

Not so sure. He does have a decent amount of power considering he is a RFA. I am assuming he wants more money to play on the left side. That makes sense to me if he doesn't feel his game is as strong there. He only has one career... he needs to put himself in a good position and if he thinks his game on the left side is weak then it could hurt his next contract.

Now, if he is telling the truth, then he would gladly stay in Winnipeg at the right price to play on the left side. So a team could offersheet and then it is a win-win for Trouba because he is willing to stay at the right price.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Wow, that's huge. Thoughts Jets fans said all was good?

Hopefully Lou can get Rielly a partner here...

Rayban*

Apr 21, 2013
Ottawa
Trouba looked like crap at the WC though so if he's asking for 6x6 i wouldn't sign him let alone give up assets to sign him.

Aug 3, 2010
Young promising defender not happy with his team?

28 other teams can squabble all they want but he's basically Calgary property already.…:sarcasm:

On a serious note, Calgary lacks RHD but Trouba isn't going to be the solution here for multiple contract-related reasons.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Sucks for Jets fans.

Sucks for everyone else that has to endure another round of low-ball offers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Uh, it worked for Tampa with Drouin six months ago.

Trouba looked like crap at the WC though so if he's asking for 6x6 i wouldn't sign him let alone give up assets to sign him.

The Flyers could use Trouba but if Winnipeg ever though they could get Ghost for him, that idea is out the window.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Unfortunately I think this will be an ongoing situation for Winnipeg and its players. Luckily they have lots of young talent and draft very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad