Injury Report: Trouba Out Until At Least February With Upper Body Injury

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just listening to Maurice's interview and his attitude is impressive. Probably allot of poker player in him but he “magically” spins some positives out of the situation into the mix and the next thing you know you don’t feel like curling up in a corner and sucking your thumb.

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
Just listening to Maurice's interview and his attitude is impressive. Probably allot of poker player in him but he “magically†spins some positives out of the situation into the mix and the next thing you know you don’t feel like curling up in a corner and sucking your thumb.

Maurice is an excellent speaker and has a great attitude. One of my favourite things about him as a coach. I was fortunate to hear him speak for a couple hours last year (about hockey and life in general) in a very small environment and it was quite the experience.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
....whatever the Jets do, they should definitely not trade any young player or future to try to fill the gap on defense.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Day to day, probable for tomorrow Maurice said. I don't believe a thing that comes out of his pie hole.

...my guess, they thought he didn't have a major injury, then got the MRI results back and discovered that he had a cracked bone (wonder if it was a forearm from a blocked shot). I seriously doubt that Maurice knew he was gone for several weeks and told the media and fans that he was "probable".

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
[mod]

Oh geez this is *the worst* news. Enstrom, Bogo, now Trouba??? :cry:

Thank the hockey gods we have Buff.....just hope he stays healthy now

Last edited by a moderator:

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
....whatever the Jets do, they should definitely not trade any young player or future to try to fill the gap on defense.

Agree 100%! We know that we aren't going to make a cup run anyhow so sacrificing futures for mid level talent doesn't make sense. Still, wasting a year of players in their prime won't feel too good either. Who knows, having 3 well rested D for the final 2 months of the season could help us out in the end. Worst part for me is not having the joy of watching #8 for a while.

Warhead77

Jets4Life
Jun 28, 2011
The River City
I think, based on the overwhelming Kane support here, Evander should be placed on D.

Because he has such a strong physical presence and....like...stuff.

:laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think it's a bit early to call for the tank. Our defensive systems are better (better forward support, simpler d-zone system, etc.), and Enstrom and Bogo are both coming back in 2-4 weeks. I think we can hold the fort, especially if Chevy can bolster the D.

Good time to trade Thorbs and Slater, and call up Cormier and Klinger. Win-win! ;)

Way to grab at the silver lining!

Having 3 of your top 4 D out is dire for any team. This is ridiculous.

3 of our top 3 are out. I didn't know we had a top 4, or are you counting Buff?

Luke Schenn.

Ok, but only if the price is right, which it probably isn't.

Maybe he's had it all season. Off season surgery coming?

I'm still curious how it came about.

We've always had 7 D on the NHL roster. We still haven't met the requirements of the CHL agreement

By that logic it would never be possible to invoke that emergency call-up clause. There is never a time when they can't find 7 warm bodies. It must be based on a number of injuries rather than the number left or use the 7 that started the season or something like that. TBH I wouldn't want to bring Morrissey in under these conditions. Just risk damaging his confidence.

Seriously, what the ****?

Not counting Buff, we are missing our four best D-men at the start of the season. This is ridiculous.

Toby, Bogo, Trouba + ????

Agree. Better to try to ride this out.

...my guess, they thought he didn't have a major injury, then got the MRI results back and discovered that he had a cracked bone (wonder if it was a forearm from a blocked shot). I seriously doubt that Maurice knew he was gone for several weeks and told the media and fans that he was "probable".

Well most likely yes. Maurice always puts a positive spin on everything. He defaults to the best case scenario until he finds out otherwise. It isn't exactly lying but it can certainly be misleading if you take everything he says as gospel.

I hope Chevy can pull a rabbit out of the hat. If not I think most of the optimism being expressed here is 'whistling in the wind'. Even if the injuries to Toby & Bogo had not happened how would we feel just to lose Trouba for 6-8 weeks? We are just below the magic number for play-offs now. Minny still has 3 games in hand and we are going to be very hard pressed to keep up as they make up those games. I will hope that we can minimize the damage and bounce back later but unless our goalies really step up I can see our play-off chances fading out.

Bad luck like this is frustrating but I would rather miss out because of something like this than because of plain stupidity from management or something avoidable like that.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
We could trade for Edler, I bet.

... a panic trade when we are in a difficult situation suggests that we are likely going to get poor value in a trade. I think that Chevy needs to hold firm and realize that it's best to ride this out. If he makes a big trade, it should be from a position of strength.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
... a panic trade when we are in a difficult situation suggests that we are likely going to get poor value in a trade. I think that Chevy needs to hold firm and realize that it's best to ride this out. If he makes a big trade, it should be from a position of strength.

Yes this and also why would the Canucks trade Edler when by all accounts he's having a pretty, good rebound season. If a trade is to be made (and no panic trades do us any good) it will be with a team that is not doing well or in desperate need for cap relief, I don't believe the Canucks fit either of those descriptions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad