Injury Report: Trouba Out Until At Least February With Upper Body Injury

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day.

At dawn ...look to the east

121022%20enstr%C3%B6m%20w.%20jets.jpg

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Too late in the game to hope for the tank to return?

...........███ ]▄▄▄▄▄▃
..▂▄▅█████▅▄▃▂
[█████#McDavid█████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

:sarcasm:

Hey arby! Haven't seen you around in a while. How are things? ;)

Chairot - Byfuglien
Clitsome - Stuart
Pardy - Postma

I don't know how we're going to win with that D line up. No offense to any one individual, but as a group they leave a lot to be desired.

Thankfully, this will probably be the d-pairings:

Chairot - Buff
Stuart - Postma
Clitsome - Pardy

There: doesn't that make you feel better? No? :D

Bad news: with that D lineup we just became the Oilers

Its not THAT bad

Woah woah too far

I know I'm 'glass-is-half-full' guy (though I will dispute that - it's either full or empty, depending on where I am in my scotch imbibing), but I think we can weather the storm. I'm hoping that the new systems and increased defensive awareness and support of the forwards will help.

We'll be missing the puck moving abilities of Enstrom, Bogo, and Trouba, but Clitsome CAN be OK at this, Postma scoots along pretty well, and Buff will be Buff.

At least it's going to be ... interesting! :laugh:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Maurice would make a terrible doctor.

Disembodied head: "How bad is it doc?"
Dr. Maurice: "Day to day."
Disembodied head: "But my head was severed by a machete!"
Dr. Maurice: "It's not as bad as it looks."
Disembodied head: "I can't feel my toes..."
Dr. Maurice: "We'll list you as probable for tonight's game. We can just mount your head on a toboggan and slide you out onto the ice."

Dr. Maurice: "I don't know how to say this, but Jacob Trouba.. is dead."
Trouba: *groans*
Dr. Maurice: "Wait, no, not dead, the other thing!"

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Ok, this isn't the END of the world (although it still sucks)

Enstrom will hopefully be back in a couple weeks (only a few games away)
The rest of our team (esp. goalies) are playing pretty well
Compare this to yesterday where we were happier about our outlook: the only difference is Trouba - is he alone really the difference between being great and terrible?

I think we can get through this.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Ok, this isn't the END of the world (although it still sucks)

Enstrom will hopefully be back in a couple weeks (only a few games away)
The rest of our team (esp. goalies) are playing pretty well
Compare this to yesterday where we were happier about our outlook: the only difference is Trouba - is he alone really the difference between being great and terrible?

I think we can get through this.

Yes.
At the same time, if Trouba and Enstrom were out and we lost Bogo, it would be devastating.
With Buff moving back to D, we still had 2 two top four dmen on our team. Now we don't.

I'm not saying we are going to go on a huge losing streak, BUT losing Trouba is not like losing any other player at this time.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Yes.
At the same time, if Trouba and Enstrom were out and we lost Bogo, it would be devastating.
With Buff moving back to D, we still had 2 two four dmen on our team. Now we don't.

I'm not saying we are going to go on a huge losing streak, BUT losing Trouba is not like losing any other player at this time.

Exactly. Yesterday, we had 2 pairings that could handle big tough minutes. Now we have one. And if Chiarot starts to struggle... Oy vey.

chancemc

Oct 2, 2011
so does he have a concussion or what? sure sounds like it. i bet hes done for the year honestly if there sitting him out 8 weeks already

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
so does he have a concussion or what? sure sounds like it. i bet hes done for the year honestly if there sitting him out 8 weeks already

That looks fun lemme try.

Does he have lupus? Sure sounds like it. I bet he's done till 2019. I mean, why else would they sit him for so long.

chancemc

Oct 2, 2011
welp. probable for tonight too out for 6 weeks. i wouldnt put it past them if hes out till 2019

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
welp. probable for tonight too out for 6 weeks. i wouldnt put it past them if hes out till 2019

Yup. :nod:

We just can't trust PoMo and his injury updates one bit. Clitsome back in tonight, ya right. Guy is likely retiring tomorrow.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Heard about Trouba being out on the ride home from work. Wow that was a kick in the *****. It will be a real test for this team to hold up with 3 top d-man injured. Sure hoping Enstrom, Bogo or both get back a little sooner than hoped.

And if nothing else the next time someone thinks it is a good idea to trade away a top defenseman, remember you can't have too many good defenseman.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
LadyJet I hope you can forgive me. We all say things we don't mean/ are ignorant of in these dark times.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
At what cost though?

Thats the million dollar question.

I dont think we are completely screwed, but we are getting very close to that point, IMO. We need a top 4 D man. We dont have ONE if you count Buff as a forward who is only playing down due to emergency. Ben Chariot is a top D man on this team :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad