Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
i think you forgot the other half of the offer

How so?

Trouba for Skjei is the main part of the trade. Both drafted in the first round the same year, play opposite sides, similar style defenseman, Trouba's a better player, so we add a decent young defenseman in McIlrath.

Trouba hasn't proven **** yet.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Here is my Offer, what do jets fans think?

Canucks trade Top Prospect Olli Juolevi, Janick Hansen, and a 2017 2nd
Jets trade Top 4 d-man Jacob Trouba, and gritty LW Brendan Lemieux. and a 2017 3rd Rounder.

Summary: The canucks managment is in a retool type mode, Trouba fits that mold perfectly, Young, talented, and ahead of the game than olli (who imo will be a top 2 guy in the NHL). Lemieux is a gritty guy who can replace a alex burrows in the upcoming seasons.

Losing Hansen really hurts, maybe the most consistent third liner in the NHL, but we need spots to open up for our youth, ala Virtanen

I think Winnipeg won't move Lemieux

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
How so?

Trouba for Skjei is the main part of the trade. Both drafted in the first round the same year, play opposite sides, similar style defenseman, Trouba's a better player, so we add a decent young defenseman in McIlrath.

Trouba hasn't proven **** yet.

If Trouba hasn't proven ****, then what exactly has Skjei or McIlrath proven?

Trouba is a far better player than Skjei at this point.. one with more than 12 games of NHL experience to start.. the difference isn't a SAH defenseman who's biggest claim to fame at this point is his fighting ability. Maybe Skjei makes up that gap but the Jets will have far, far better offers for Trouba.

Jets will have far better swaps available than Trouba for Skjei, if they go that route. Though it would be hilarious for the Rangers to acquire Trouba and then have to expose him next summer because they have to protect Staal and Girardi..

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Trouba hasn't proven ****, then what exactly has Skjei or McIlrath proven?

Trouba is a far better player than Skjei at this point.. one with more than 12 games of NHL experience to start.. the difference isn't a SAH defenseman who's biggest claim to fame at this point is his fighting ability. Maybe Skjei makes up that gap but the Jets will have far, far better offers for Trouba.

Jets will have far better swaps available than Trouba for Skjei, if they go that route. Though it would be hilarious for the Rangers to acquire Trouba and then have to expose him next summer because they have to protect Staal and Girardi..

Trouba's played longer in the NHL, but that doesn't mean its a Bobby Orr vs. random ECHL defenseman trade. Trouba's better and he has more NHL experience, but I don't think the difference between Trouba and Skjei is that much, so we add McIlrath, and that should be a fair trade.

If other teams want to offer more, they can. I think thats fair value for Trouba.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Beaulieu + Lehkonen + 2nd... Cap issues for Habs but hopefully they move Emelin and DD for nothing.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The Jets won't be taking 4 quarters for a dollar here - if a top prospect isn't coming back, this might be a rare occasion where Chevy would trade Trouba + a good prospect for a better player.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The Jets already have one of the best prospect group in the NHL, i think they will look for established players.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Too bad Jets are are in Central. Wild has overflow of lefties.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
I'd rather let Trouba sit lol

Connor Brown helps the Moose a lot

Connor Brown wouldn't be the centre piece, but if you think he's just an AHL player then you should probably hold off on commenting on Leaf prospects

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Connor Brown wouldn't be the centre piece, but if you think he's just an AHL player then you should probably hold off on commenting on Leaf prospects

C Brown has potential but who does he beat out on the Jets?

Just does not fill a need.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Justin Faulk (or Noah Hanifin) + Nicolas Roy
For
Trouba + Kyle Connor

Straight up for Trouba I'd do Haydn Fleury or Brett Pesce + Canes 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad